New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    both cvt cars can do 21km/l

really wish they brought the dualjet celerio from europe. 27km/l

if the NVH is abit harsh there is Dynamat from some stores. 15k for 4 doors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

both cvt cars can do 21km/l

really wish they brought the dualjet celerio from europe. 27km/l

if the NVH is abit harsh there is Dynamat from some stores. 15k for 4 doors.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    It's funny, because the Swift 1.2 is noticeably more refined than majority of the other hatches I've test driven two months ago. Ride quality and NVH insulation is even better than the pricier Jazz, which is manufactured in Thailand. The Swift 1.2 is manufactured in India. Only the Grand i10 was noticeably more refined than the Swift, particularly ride quality. Surprisingly well mannered. You'd swear you were riding in a more comfortable compact sedan like the Altis or Elantra. I believe the Grand i10 being sold here is also manufactured in India.

The Jazz does have its advantages that justifies its price. First off, it's far more spacious than the Swift. Second, it has a larger displacement engine for more power, albeit apparent only during highway driving due to its CVT transmission and the high-revving nature of Honda's engines. But we're talking about how the engine behaves, how silent and plush the cabin is while on the move, how well the suspension absorbs humps, potholes and cushions its passengers, etc. The Swift wins in those areas.

Aside from being more refined, the Swift has a beefier and more trigger-happy throttle response vs the rest of its hatchback competitors. It also has unmatched handling. Only a Fiesta can get close to or match the Swift's fun factor. Good refinement + fun to drive at lower speeds = great city car. And I was specifically looking for a city car for when I don't want to bring around my bigger cars.

I haven't driven the new Celerio because it wasn't available yet when I was buying a small hatch, but the Mirage doesn't hold a handle to the Indian-made Swift 1.2 in terms of refinement. After test driving the Mirage vs its competition it's easy to see why the Mirage is one of the most hated cars by motoring publications in recent years, particularly by publications in developed/first world countries with lavish standards. Btw I ended up buying a Swift 1.2 after test driving almost all possible candidates under 850K Php. I test drove the Mirage GLS, Swift 1.2 AT, Grand i10 S, Jazz CVT, Brio S AT, Wigo G AT, Fiesta PS.

Don't let your prejudice of where a product is manufactured get in the way of your decision making. Try it out first, in the case of cars, test drive.
    But how about the FC? How does the Swift 1.2 compare to the Mirage and the new Celerio?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123