New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Hindi naman daw po ba mahal mga pyesa ng suzuki?..

Pansin ko lang made in India pala mga units ng suzuki from Maruti suzuki. Kala ko Japan or Thailand :what:
    Yun pong swift nya japan pa po kasi. Tama lang po prices basta alam nyo lang san bibili. Example po like yun wheel bearing nakabili sya sa united bearing. Yun air filter sa casa kasi daw cheaper. There are parts na mura sa casa and yun iba sa labas na.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ohh i see. Many thanks sir skyflakes. Gusto kasi talaga ni esmi yung celerio. Pino problema lang namin yung reliability nya saka availability ng parts.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Ohh i see. Many thanks sir skyflakes. Gusto kasi talaga ni esmi yung celerio. Pino problema lang namin yung reliability nya saka availability ng parts.
    Syempre sir sa una madalas sa casa lang makakabili but later on magkakaroon din sa labas sir. Lahat naman po basta latest models sa casa lang may parts kahit sa toyota.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Go what the misis likes to save yourself from headaches.

Reliability wise, no one knows, dahil pareho pang bago bago amg models.

Ang advantage nang mirage is yung pms schedule nya. Other than that, i think dead even na.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hindi naman daw po ba mahal mga pyesa ng suzuki?..

Pansin ko lang made in India pala mga units ng suzuki from Maruti suzuki. Kala ko Japan or Thailand :what:
    Iirc, my agent told me the new Celerio CVT sold here comes from Thailand, not India. Understandable because import taxes would be cheaper compared to importing from India.

The Swift 1.2 and Ertiga being sold here comes from India. Personally, would rather have Indian made instead of Thai made. When Indians make cars for the Indian market, they make sure it's heavy duty because their roads are simply awful.

Btw, this comparison review between the Celerio and Mirage will help you decide: Suzuki Celerio v Mitsubishi Mirage : Comparison review

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I'll choose the 2015 Mirage GLX over the Suzuki Celerio.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    i prefer celerio over mirage

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Mirage ako. Pero kahit ano piliin mo panalo

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Iirc, my agent told me the new Celerio CVT sold here comes from Thailand, not India. Understandable because import taxes would be cheaper compared to importing from India.

The Swift 1.2 and Ertiga being sold here comes from India. Personally, would rather have Indian made instead of Thai made. When Indians make cars for the Indian market, they make sure it's heavy duty because their roads are simply awful.

Btw, this comparison review between the Celerio and Mirage will help you decide: Suzuki Celerio v Mitsubishi Mirage : Comparison review
    i think indian cars are robust, but lack finesse.
    i think thai-made cars have more finesse..
    but the japanese do their cars even better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    It's funny, because the Swift 1.2 is noticeably more refined than majority of the other hatches I've test driven two months ago. Ride quality and NVH insulation is even better than the pricier Jazz, which is manufactured in Thailand. The Swift 1.2 is manufactured in India. Only the Grand i10 was noticeably more refined than the Swift, particularly ride quality. Surprisingly well mannered. You'd swear you were riding in a more comfortable compact sedan like the Altis or Elantra. I believe the Grand i10 being sold here is also manufactured in India.

The Jazz does have its advantages that justifies its price. First off, it's far more spacious than the Swift. Second, it has a larger displacement engine for more power, albeit apparent only during highway driving due to its CVT transmission and the high-revving nature of Honda's engines. But we're talking about how the engine behaves, how silent and plush the cabin is while on the move, how well the suspension absorbs humps, potholes and cushions its passengers, etc. The Swift wins in those areas.

Aside from being more refined, the Swift has a beefier and more trigger-happy throttle response vs the rest of its hatchback competitors. It also has unmatched handling. Only a Fiesta can get close to or match the Swift's fun factor. Good refinement + fun to drive at lower speeds = great city car. And I was specifically looking for a city car for when I don't want to bring around my bigger cars.

I haven't driven the new Celerio because it wasn't available yet when I was buying a small hatch, but the Mirage doesn't hold a handle to the Indian-made Swift 1.2 in terms of refinement. After test driving the Mirage vs its competition it's easy to see why the Mirage is one of the most hated cars by motoring publications in recent years, particularly by publications in developed/first world countries with lavish standards. Btw I ended up buying a Swift 1.2 after test driving almost all possible candidates under 850K Php. I test drove the Mirage GLS, Swift 1.2 AT, Grand i10 S, Jazz CVT, Brio S AT, Wigo G AT, Fiesta PS.

Don't let your prejudice of where a product is manufactured get in the way of your decision making. Try it out first, in the case of cars, test drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast