New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    Mahina na ang hatak compared to what? A 1.5 litre subcompact or 1.6 litre compact? If your alternative is a 1.3 litre subcompact (eg: vios), then you will also get the same impression sa hatak given the same scenario (driver + 4 passengers plus bags going to baguio uphill) given the weight differences and the relatively small power difference between a 1.3 subcompact vs a 1.2 supermini.

I don't know pero I never felt that the power was inadequate/anemic on a mirage cvt with 4 passengers while going uphill towards palace in the sky (steeper than most Baguio roads). Even a 1.1 litre Hyundai getz did not give me problems going up Baguio with 4 adults and 1 baby on a car seat + luggage.

Maybe your friend got used to the ride and power of cars that are 2 classes/segments away from his/her own Mirage?
    Well to be fair, he got to use his dad's fortuner before he bought the mirage for city driving.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you're used to the pull of a big displacement turbo diesel, everything else will be slower. There's a reason why minicars cost 1/3 of a Fortuner. But on their own these cars are actually adequate.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you're used to the pull of a big displacement turbo diesel, everything else will be slower. There's a reason why minicars cost 1/3 of a Fortuner. But on their own these cars are actually adequate.

Know its splitting hairs but both cars are priced half than that of fortuner lol. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I'm still two months away from buying and would definitely consider everything i've read.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Huwag nyo hanapan ng power ang mga city car. Ginawa yan mga auto na yan para makatipid sa gas hindi pangkarera. City cars ang class ng pinagpipilian nyo. Walang pinagkalayo yan sa mga bumibili ng motor na 150 cc at idadrive mo na parang 400cc.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sbaby View Post
    Know its splitting hairs but both cars are priced half than that of fortuner lol. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I'm still two months away from buying and would definitely consider everything i've read.
    Since you still have time bro I suggest you try the cars out for yourself. Bring along some friends so you can try how it feels when loaded.

I can say from personal experience that the Mirage is adequate, and so is the 1.3 engine in the Brio which I've tried in the heavier City. Both unladen and filled with passengers. However, better for you to try it out personally if you can instead of just agreeing with what you've read here.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hope all the inputs here have help you anyhow. All cars have their own segments... pro's... con's... compare cars with the same segment otherwise he'll for sure always regret buying the mirage or brio for the lack of power comparing it to higher displacement SUVs

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Synth007 View Post
    ^+1 .... i dont get it on why other people say that 1.3cars below doesnt have the power to go uphill when fully loaded. All cars ive tested can go uphill without problem. I guess it will matter only if you want to overtake going uphill...
    agree on this one. Kahit yung 93 Lancer EL ko dati naka akyat sa parking area ng palace in the sky sa tagaytay. Well it might not get you there as fast as a 3 liter SUV but you will definitely reach your destination.

I have a vios E right now and ilang beses na rin nakapag tagaytay. Planning to bring it to Baguio before the year ends

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    hey guys haba na pala ng usapan dito satisfied naman ako sa power ng mirage pag mag overtake sa highway double clutch lng :D

baka bumili ako ng f150 na 2ndhand para pang offroad tas palagyan ko ng big wheels etc(the usual pickup custom setup nowadays)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234