New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    My friend actually when i asked him. Mahina na daw hatak ng mirage if you plan to carry four passengers plus bags going to baguio.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mirage engine is adequate for hilly roads but don't expect to overtake or drive hard with it specially with full load.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I do love speed especially cruising in open highways but im not a fan of overtaking - me being a new driver i guess. I'm more into comfort and safety and not much on power. No offense meant but is it true mirage bottoms out at the back especially at full cap?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sbaby View Post
    I do love speed especially cruising in open highways but im not a fan of overtaking - me being a new driver i guess. I'm more into comfort and safety and not much on power. No offense meant but is it true mirage bottoms out at the back especially at full cap?
    All minicars I've driven bottom out when fully loaded and passing through potholes or humps at speed. Ganun talaga, cheap car = cheap suspension.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    [QUOTE=jut703;2414623]All minicars I've driven bottom out when fully loaded and passing through potholes or humps at speed. Ganun talaga, cheap car = cheap suspension.

That's why im leaning to vios or yaris at this point but only if brio's feedback is not that good.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Will you always be carrying 5 passengers and driving through potholes at speed?

If 90% of the time it's just you and 1 passenger, it's not something to be worried about. If you're fully loaded most of the time, consider the Ertiga or Avanza instead.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Just install spring cushion sa likod para di magbottom out. Easy fix....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    go for the newer Honda brio

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sbaby View Post
    My friend actually when i asked him. Mahina na daw hatak ng mirage if you plan to carry four passengers plus bags going to baguio.
    Mahina na ang hatak compared to what? A 1.5 litre subcompact or 1.6 litre compact? If your alternative is a 1.3 litre subcompact (eg: vios), then you will also get the same impression sa hatak given the same scenario (driver + 4 passengers plus bags going to baguio uphill) given the weight differences and the relatively small power difference between a 1.3 subcompact vs a 1.2 supermini.

I don't know pero I never felt that the power was inadequate/anemic on a mirage cvt with 4 passengers while going uphill towards palace in the sky (steeper than most Baguio roads). Even a 1.1 litre Hyundai getz did not give me problems going up Baguio with 4 adults and 1 baby on a car seat + luggage.

Maybe your friend got used to the ride and power of cars that are 2 classes/segments away from his/her own Mirage?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^+1 .... i dont get it on why other people say that 1.3cars below doesnt have the power to go uphill when fully loaded. All cars ive tested can go uphill without problem. I guess it will matter only if you want to overtake going uphill...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast