New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerman222 View Post
    guys add natin subaru outback
    any comments? mukhang matikas din...
    Rather get the Subaru Forester 2.5T and use the extra cash for some mods.

BTT: ... Overall, I would still get the Mini Countryman because it is more practical on a day-to-day use. Add to the fact it's more frugal on the fuel too.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Okay naman Outback, it's just that it's rarer. The Forester XT would be a more practical choice.. I don't like the rather bare interior but you're buying the car 99% due to its WRX-derived boxer engine.

The Mini's good but the Countryman never grew on me. It's either a Cooper or nothing. And IF you get a Cooper, its special appeal makes it very likely for girls to be posing next to your ride in parking lots and other areas.

Ad for the new Explorer, I actually like its fascia. Since there are abundant amount of reviews from other Tsikoteers, I won't be commenting any more about its pros and cons.

Between the Outback, Mini, and Explorer? I'll get the Explorer. Sorry, I like V6 engines :naughty2:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Between the Outback, Mini, and Explorer? I'll get the Explorer. Sorry, I like V6 engines :naughty2:
    Don't let me catch you complaining about the cost of gasoline then.... hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Don't let me catch you complaining about the cost of gasoline then.... hehehe
    Bigtime yan si jhnkvn

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Since the Sonata's 2.4L Theta engine gobbles around 2,000php per week and an Expedition's 5L Triton V8 engine gobbles 5,000php. We can expect the Explorer to be somewhere near the middle dba?

Besides, if you're buying a 2.4M car, gas expense shouldn't be worrisome. If it is, go reduce your budget and allot the others for gas expense. Ika nga when choosing between a Toyota LC and Ford Expedition: 800k difference in initial price was alloted for gas expense for the Expedition

Mini engines are really good. 1.6L? Turbo? Seems perfect if not for the price-tag that balloons once it reaches our shores. Space is a luxury.. to have more space, you need a bigger car and bigger cars weigh more hence the need for a big engine.

Both of them are exotic naman in terms of Philippine traffic. I NEVER seen the Explorer yet nor a Countryman. In terms of presence, alam mo naman mga typical Filipino.. "the bigger it is, the more expensive!"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Since the Sonata's 2.4L Theta engine gobbles around 2,000php per week and an Expedition's 5L Triton V8 engine gobbles 5,000php. We can expect the Explorer to be somewhere near the middle dba?

Besides, if you're buying a 2.4M car, gas expense shouldn't be worrisome. If it is, go reduce your budget and allot the others for gas expense. Ika nga when choosing between a Toyota LC and Ford Expedition: 800k difference in initial price was alloted for gas expense for the Expedition

Mini engines are really good. 1.6L? Turbo? Seems perfect if not for the price-tag that balloons once it reaches our shores. Space is a luxury.. to have more space, you need a bigger car and bigger cars weigh more hence the need for a big engine.

Both of them are exotic naman in terms of Philippine traffic. I NEVER seen the Explorer yet nor a Countryman. In terms of presence, alam mo naman mga typical Filipino.. "the bigger it is, the more expensive!"

The Mini Countryman is no bigger than the Kia SOUL. The interior space is generous for four adults for a relatively small car. It just sacrifices boot space for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
mini countryman vs 2012 ford explorer