New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    The premium car category is starting to get more exciting as new models are packaged very well.

For 2.5M, which one is your pick?

Mercedes A250
    - latest and better value than BMW 1-series
    - FWD but reviews are positive
    - 211hp = 0-60mph in 6.6 seconds
    ************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: CATS Motors Launches All-New 2013 Mercedes-Benz A-Class

or

Lexus IS350 (non-F Sport)
    - latest and best value in its class
    - RWD and won in a recent car comparo vs the BMW 335
    - 306hp = 0-60mph in 5.6 seconds
    ************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Lexus Manila Launches All-New IS Sports Sedan

The IS350 is one class bigger and more powerful but the A250 has less weight and looks fun to drive.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post
    The premium car category is starting to get more exciting as new models are packaged very well.

Mercedes A250
    ************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: CATS Motors Launches All-New 2013 Mercedes-Benz A-Class

or

************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Lexus Manila Launches All-New IS Sports Sedan

The IS350 is one class bigger and more powerful but the A250 has less weight and looks fun to drive.
    i would pick the is350 in a heartbeat. im pretty sure it will be more fun to drive than the FWD A250.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post

Mercedes A250

or

I would choose the Merc.

I would be happy enough to have a three point star badge greet me every morning for my morning drive. And cars like these are simply about enjoying the drive, not racing each other.

The IS350 might be faster than a BMW335 on the track but for us mere moral drivers on the normal open roads, we will never match even 75% that level of driving unless you want to spend a few weeks at a driving school and some days on a race track.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 22nd, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I'd pick Merc A250 anytime of the day.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    For P2.65 M you can get yourself a 120d coupe

however it is also the slowest among your choices (if thats relevant to you) even if its the fastest looking one
    Think of it as a Gt86 by BMW with a better interior quality and a bit more practicallity
    Plenty fast enough for today's standards, cool looking and very very fuel efficient

however if you need four doors, Id rather get the lexus since im sure the A class has small rear seats

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Get the merc! You are paying millions of course go for the more prestigious brand. Anyway you will not abuse or race your car.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'm going for the Lexus. Sorry Germans, but Lexus really stepped up their pricing and game in the latest redesigns of their models.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Some cool videos of both cars...

Mercedes A-Class

Lexus IS

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The A250 may have the Merc on its nameplate but for the same amount of money, the IS350 is a better choice. You have a sporty sedan with good performance, bigger interior space, and its amenities are not far off from its German counterparts. If you're in the market for a performance-oriented hatch, mayber we can wait for the Ayala's to bring over the VW Golf GTi next year.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lexus. Had it been the more gorgeous CLA 4 door coupe, then it would be Benz for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast