New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    sorry about the typo but i meant the 6. big mistake :-)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... no biggie.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    based on looks alone, I';d go for the Mazda 6 *drooL*

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Anyone know if there are significant (if any) differences between the Mazda6 2.3L sold in Philippines vs. the same/similar model sold in other Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, etc.

Are all the Asian Mazda6 completely built units (CBU) imported from Japan?

Are the US and Euro Mazda6 also CBUs imported from Japan?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    US units are built stateside, I believe, as are most Japanese cars sold there. And in fact, they have "Japanese" cars that aren't available in Japan!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by e2fee
    Are all the Asian Mazda6 completely built units (CBU) imported from Japan?

Are the US and Euro Mazda6 also CBUs imported from Japan?
    All Mazda 6 vehicles (for Europe and whole of Asia/Pacific) are CBU made in Hiroshima, Japan

Exception lang yata yung sa US because their Mazda 6 is made in "Flat Rock" in Detroit, Michigan (Ford Global HQ). China-spec models are from Chongqing or Nanjing in China (not sure which)

If you ask me, there's no need for the Mazda 6 2.3 Liter to be made here and I prefer that the 6 be made in Hiroshima (while the Sta. Rosa plant handles our MZ3s and Tribute). It's better that way.

I also hope that when the Mazda 6 is a next-gen, it will also be a CBU import from Hiroshima, Japan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    If you ask me, there's no need for the Mazda 6 2.3 Liter to be made here and I prefer that the 6 be made in Hiroshima (while the Sta. Rosa plant handles our MZ3s and Tribute). It's better that way.

I also hope that when the Mazda 6 is a next-gen, it will also be a CBU import from Hiroshima, Japan.
    I assume the Mazda6 is not made in Philippines mainly because the volume of local sales does not justify it?

On the other hand, regardless of whether or not justified, if people prefer the Mazda6 to be made in Japan, I assume that is due to a perception or a reality (not sure which) that something assembled in Philippines would be of slightly lower quality, despite all the quality control, training of local workers, specs that locally sourced parts have to meet, etc.?

Is there any doubt that there will be a 2007 Mazda6 and that it will become available in late 2006? Any clue as to what will be different?

Seem to have read somewhere that 2008 (?) may be last year for Mazda6, but can't remember where.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mazda6 2.3L or Subaru Legacy 2.0L