New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Kung porma lang naman habol e, go used... 200sx or eclipse... or muscle!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    si fairlady s30 or si celeste... hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A sports coupe is designed to look ***y and be fast, not practical. By those 2 factors, I'd pick the Hyundai Tiburon although it wouldn't be my first choice if I had more cars to pick from. The dual exhausts do a lot to complete the sporty image of the Tiburon and I'll admit, I'm a pushover for dual exhausts. For me, a sporty-looking car must have the horsepower to back up it's good looks.

At least here where I am, I see at least 3x more Hyundai Tiburons and Mazda6s than Mazda3s. When I test drove the Mazda3, I found it somewhat underpowered, especially when compared to those cars and others I test drove like the Corolla XRS and Chevy Cobalt Supercharged.

Other drivers probably echoed my findings. Other than acceleration, the regular Mazda3 is a very capable car. The Hyundai Tiburon too is also a bit underpowered for a sports coupe. Even my Sonata is quicker. Hyundai needs to increase the horsepower of the Tiburon to match its sports coupe image.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuadik
    sa coupe ako... sa 3 kasi (no offense) pero parang kotse ng baboy eh... ang taba ng harap tapos ang liit ng likod...

kotse ng baboy?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kotse ng baboy?
    Ditto. Kotse ng baboy? Wha?

Personally, I think the Mazda3 is a candidate for a 2-door version.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 30th, 2006 at 04:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kotse ng baboy?
    ang ibig kong sabihin is madalas kasi mga med reps na matataba tsaka mga politician ang madalas kong nakikita tsaka mga rich kids na kalbo na matataba tsaka ang iitim ng batok.... hehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hoy... sinong mataba!?!

But yeah, a 2-door 3 would be awesome!

*Jun: Underpowered? Which one, the 2.3? I'd always figured the torque wuold make up for it, as compared to the horribly peaky XRS.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuadik
    ang ibig kong sabihin is madalas kasi mga med reps na matataba tsaka mga politician ang madalas kong nakikita tsaka mga rich kids na kalbo na matataba tsaka ang iitim ng batok.... hehehe
    excuse me at hindi maitim ang batok ku, tan lang kakabike under the sun

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa hyudai ako... basta pag binata pa at wala naman sinasakay ok yan bang for the buck talaga.. hehehe

pag mazda3 nakakasawa na kasi imho...

pag kelangan mo vodykits msg mo lang ako.. ako bahala sayo. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    But yeah, a 2-door 3 would be awesome!

*Jun: Underpowered? Which one, the 2.3? I'd always figured the torque wuold make up for it, as compared to the horribly peaky XRS.
    Torque will only get me so far, mainly at launch point. The XRS and the Mazda3 (2.3, the top end?) felt like the Contour (when I'm abusing it). They both didn't feel particularly thrilling. Maybe it's just me. But, you have to realize that I was also driving a bunch of potent V6 sedans that same day. My driving reflexes were attuned for performance. I knew right away when a car felt weak compared to the V6 cars. The only 4-cylinders that interested me performance-wise were the Cobalt supercharged and the Sentra SE-R Spec V.

The Mazda3 is actually quite a decent car. But, it is overshadowed by cars with bigger and better engines. It also had to play second fiddle to the V6 Mazda6 which most drivers, including myself, would've chosen over the Mazda3.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
mazda3 or hyundai coupe?