New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kamusta performance ng Direct Injection ng Mazda 3? May required ba na minimum RON ? Bakit kaya di mailabas ng Hyundai mga GDI engines nila? Although meron naman dito satin na Gray Market Import na Veloster na GDI..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Kamusta performance ng Direct Injection ng Mazda 3? May required ba na minimum RON ? Bakit kaya di mailabas ng Hyundai mga GDI engines nila? Although meron naman dito satin na Gray Market Import na Veloster na GDI..
    93 ata minimum, bro. Unlike Subbies na 95, pero.. Subaru eh

Si HARI alam mo naman nerbyosa Tsaka mataas ata ang costing ng GDi pag pinasok na locally. Ganda sanang pang-laban kasi sumisikat na GDi dito eh. Tapos lahat ng unleaded fuels ng Petron ay Euro 4 na din. Kalokohan lang di pa sinabay ang Turbo Diesel

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Di allowed ni hyundai korea. Dont know why

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    93 ata minimum, bro. Unlike Subbies na 95, pero.. Subaru eh

Si HARI alam mo naman nerbyosa Tsaka mataas ata ang costing ng GDi pag pinasok na locally. Ganda sanang pang-laban kasi sumisikat na GDi dito eh. Tapos lahat ng unleaded fuels ng Petron ay Euro 4 na din. Kalokohan lang di pa sinabay ang Turbo Diesel

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    91 lang minimum RON ng SkyActiv. Maganda nga eh, di mapili sa gasolina.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Same engine parin ata ang bagong Tucson. Hyundai/Kia has been resting on their laurels lately when it comes to engine tech and letting the Japanese play catch up.
    I beg to disagree with your statement that the Japanese are playing catch up with the Koreans' engine technology. There is really nothing new or proprietary in Hyundai/Kia's engine design and technology. They are merely generical designs, which means, their technology has been derived from others, even their much acclaimed CRDi engines. Don't you think the Japs can not do what them Koreans can? The Japanese have been in the automotive business for decades, building engines, built iconic cars, have been involved in motorsports, even the most technologically demanding F1. Mazda's skyaktiv engines are quite a marvel in engine technology. Their design was able to overcome a lot of obstacles in the way engines are built, ie, compression ratios. Now, think of VTEC, MIVEC, skyaktiv, etc. Theta vs Skyaktiv? There is really nothing to compare here in terms of engine technology and effort that has been put in here by Mazda . Peace
    Last edited by whiteb16a; August 20th, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteb16a View Post
    I beg to disagree with your statement that the Japanese are playing catch up with the Koreans' engine technology. There is really nothing new or proprietary in Hyundai/Kia's engine design and technology. They are merely generical designs, which means, their technology has been derived from others, even their much acclaimed CRDi engines. Don't you think the Japs can not do what them Koreans can? The Japanese have been in the automotive business for decades, building engines, built iconic cars, have been involved in motorsports, even the most technologically demanding F1. Mazda's skyaktiv engines are quite a marvel in engine technology. Their design was able to overcome a lot of obstacles in the way engines are built, ie, compression ratios. Now, think of VTEC, MIVEC, skyaktiv, etc. Theta vs Skyaktiv? There is really nothing to compare here in terms of engine technology and effort that has been put in here by Mazda . Peace
    Actually, the Korean CRDI engines are not designed & manufactured in Korea. They are sourced from a third party, Yugoslavia if I remember correctly. Their Electronics is Bosch. Do you think there is something wrong in the way they do things? I don't. It's just the way everything is made nowadays. That's globalization for you. Japan, on the other hand, would not trust their tech in the hands of a third party, that's why they are one of the leaders in industry.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Actually, the Korean CRDI engines are not designed & manufactured in Korea. They are sourced from a third party, Yugoslavia if I remember correctly. Their Electronics is Bosch. Do you think there is something wrong in the way they do things? I don't. It's just the way everything is made nowadays. That's globalization for you. Japan, on the other hand, would not trust their tech in the hands of a third party, that's why they are one of the leaders in industry.
    ... is why i prefer japanese nowadays..
    there was a time, it was USA or nothing, doubling over in laughter when japanese products are mentioned..
    how times change..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

... is why i prefer japanese nowadays..
    there was a time, it was USA or nothing, doubling over in laughter when japanese products are mentioned..
    how times change..
    I think the direction the Japanese is going is in Hybrid technology. I can't wait for the day when Hybrid cars dominate the roads. Should be cheaper by then.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Koreans have been improving the capabilities of their gas engines greatly in the last few years, wherein their diesels haven't seen much improvement since the introduction of the two R e-VGT engines five years ago.

And then again, despite the leaps and bounds they've taken in their gas engines, none of the good ones ever make it here. Just good old CVVT and MPI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast