New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Transmission issues are common problems with Ford Explorers ... even Ford Rangers had similar issues ... we cannot assume that these owners have neglected their vehicles ... if there are indeed owners like these, then we should be hearing transmission issues with other brands and there should be more problems with Toyotas since they have almost 50% of PH market ...
    i wonder,
    do the issues involve electronics,
    or do they involve the hard metal?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You’ll be surprised how many car owners don’t maintain their transmission.

What’s so special about explorer’s transmission that it’s supposedly a common issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Transmission issues are common problems with Ford Explorers ... even Ford Rangers had similar issues ... we cannot assume that these owners have neglected their vehicles ... if there are indeed owners like these, then we should be hearing transmission issues with other brands and there should be more problems with Toyotas since they have almost 50% of PH market ...
    I have a friend who has an automatic Wigo that can't reverse. The entire transmission had to be replaced under warranty.

I am a member of fb groups such as ford club ph, ford ranger and ford focus club, ford focus mk3.5. Bihira lang may problema sa automatic transmissions. Usually yung DCT talaga nila problematic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Probably the latter. Unlike CVTs, repairable naman ang automatic transmission ng ford. Maybe he didn't want the hassle of going back and forth if the local transmission repair was f'd up, so he just bought a new assembly instead.
    Bakit “sumabog”? Naubusan ng fluid?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The new Explorer already uses the 10-spd AT tranny. Not sure if there are reported issues or recalls with the new one. For sure mayrun concerns with the older 6-spd since it was replaced right away.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Bakit “sumabog”? Naubusan ng fluid?

Mayrun ba talaga cases like that? Catastrophic failure?

Marami ako naririnig about cases about trannies needing a reflash of its electronic system.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    The PTU fluid (transmission fluid) of the above mentioned unit has to be replaced every 30k miles. Maybe that was not done. That's the recommendation. Another thing to watch out for is the water pump issue that starts to fail around 120k miles. I follow the ford explorer subreddit forum to gain more knowledge. I have a 2017 3.5 NA and I am mindful of the above issues. Most cars naman have their own issues either small or big issue.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Mayrun ba talaga cases like that? Catastrophic failure?

Marami ako naririnig about cases about trannies needing a reflash of its electronic system.

I don’t know. Parang impossible kasi na sumabog tranny

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I don’t know. Parang impossible kasi na sumabog tranny

Yup, grinding lang mangyayari dyan sa mga gears sa loob at magiging maingay before shutting down.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    a Realtive had an Explorer with had a transmission problem. Previous model thou not the newer one.
    Tama it was a grinding sound sa transmission but the car was still able to run but parang limp mode.
    malaki rin nagastos to fix, pero it was done outside CASA and the unit was out of warranty.

We also had a few Fords before.
    an Expedition and an old Explorer sport trac both had transmission problems.
    Thou wala naman transmission problem yung iba. steering wheel problem yung isa.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast