New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Track records are a perfectly valid way to judge a company's products, but you are pretending that it just "resets" with the lauch of a new model.
    That's actually what it is. With a new transmission, there is a possibility of it being fixed or new problems would arise. Yes, it "resets" as to that aspect. In short, it is unknown, you can only theorize with track records and brand perception etc.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I don't think the transmission issues of previous models is a valid reason not to buy the new one. The link you posted sa consumer reports, pwede pa maging reason. Different engine and transmissions, different problems.

It's like telling people not to buy a new Toyota Altis that has a newly designed engine just because the old one had sludge issues.

Huh? ... Really? ... No wonder Marcos won ...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Huh? ... Really? ... No wonder Marcos won ...
    Aaaand there we go... someone's going to eventually insert politics sooner or later

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Using previous reputation is debatable

We had a gen 1 expedition a long time ago, it was reliable, repair costs were reasonable, and the only expensive failure was the air suspension. I enjoyed learning how to drive in this and using it to college

Then we got an explorer, not nearly as bulletproof as the previous one with many suspension parts needing to be replaced before 100k kms. Its still reliable but it feels like its meant to wear out faster. It has a weird issue now where the sparkplug holes get flooded by water and it loses a bit of power and a turbo related engine light is triggered. It gets double the mileage that the previous ford. I never gelled with it since the visibility is pretty sht and it feels wider

Will we get another big Ford SUV? maybe but were also considering getting a CX9. Though an X3 is also an option since my dad no longer needs a big car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not only that but totally inaccurate and illogical especially if we all know the new one uses different parts. Hell, there are even instances where car manufacturers uses the same parts but slightly tweaks it in order to fix a previous problem.

I think the better and more logical approach would be to cross reference the other models in Ford's line-up that already uses the same 10 speed transmission. It was released for quite some time already and there were reports of issues of the said transmission in other models.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di mo naman masisi ang tao coz people trust brands

that's the whole point in branding

a company has a history of making good products in-house, they earn the public's trust

later on the company outsources production and put their logo on the products

trust remains coz that's the power of branding

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    that may be,
    but how many car buyers make an honest-to-good research on their prospective car, before buying?

also,
    it is difficult to make such research, when one's prospect is a new model.

bottomline,
    "brand reputation, or notoriety, still works".

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kakagulat nga that chinese car brands gaining traction when we all know their crappy past.. chery, geely, foton..

Ang kaso ford issues medyo sunod sunod lalo na sa transmission.. me have a bad experience dyan sa ecosport.. and one of my colleague too.. fiesta naman..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    uphill climb ang china

they have to make better products to change people's view that their products are crap

looks like it's working

mga japanese and american brands naman they already have brand power so they don't need to work as hard

their brand names do much of the heavy lifting

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that may be,
    but how many car buyers make an honest-to-good research on their prospective car, before buying?.
    How many doesn't? Madali na lang mag research ngayon, hindi naman tayo nasa 80s 90s 2000s na may lack of info. Marunong na mga tao ngayon. Haven't you noticed lots of reviewers sa youtube popping up these days?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast