New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    being a practical person,
    i wouldn't want to be driving one of only two units in the country...
    heh heh.
    Exotic.. rare paps

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    For the new explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yung bagong release ni Ford Otis this December ay 2023 model na daw.
    yung isang release nila way back February ay 2022 model.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    yung bagong release ni Ford Otis this December ay 2023 model na daw.
    yung isang release nila way back February ay 2022 model.
    Still the same platform which was released around 2021 locally. Lighter aluminum body with a more powerful 2.3L Ecoboost engine paired to a 10-speed AT tranny. Only AWD model is available locally.

Yung prevous model had 2 trims - FWD with 2.3L Ecoboost and AWD (Sport) with the 3.5L Ecoboost. Laki ng discount offer ng Ford dito when they were clearing their inventory in 2020. Parang 500k discount.

At 2.998M, the Explorer AWD 2.3L Ecoboost has a lot more to offer compared to its nearest rivals - Mazda CX9 AWD and Subaru Evoltis. It offers more interior space, cargo capacity, and more grunt (more power and torque). Even EQ would say that the Explorer is even more loaded with features compared to a BMW X5 which cost 2x more.

Now, if you want a sleeker 7-seater with a more driver-focused handling but at the expense of space and cargo capacity, then go with the CX9. You can even just get the FWD version at around 300k less than the AWD version.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hard pass on the Explorer. I have two friends who have both had a terrible time with their 3.5 Ecoboosts. Christmas tree, falling headliner, sabog tranny.

Ford was charging an arm and a leg pa to repair (close to the second hand selling value of the car) so he had to find a tranny from the USA and import himself to fix.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Hard pass on the Explorer. I have two friends who have both had a terrible time with their 3.5 Ecoboosts. Christmas tree, falling headliner, sabog tranny.

Ford was charging an arm and a leg pa to repair (close to the second hand selling value of the car) so he had to find a tranny from the USA and import himself to fix.
    That's not the same model of explorer in this topic though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe lack of maintenance Kaya sumabog tranny?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

"sabog tranny."
    does that mean, the gears are physically wrecked,
    or does that mean, "we don't know what's wrong with it, so let's just replace the whole assembly" ?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 9th, 2022 at 10:07 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Maybe lack of maintenance Kaya sumabog tranny?

I was thinking the same thing. Some people abuse and neglect their vehicles, or maybe its a lemon. Might be better if the owner himself were to narrate the facts.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "sabog tranny."
    does that mean, the gears are physically wrecked,
    or does that mean, "we don't know what's wrong with it, so let's just replace the whole assembly" ?
    Probably the latter. Unlike CVTs, repairable naman ang automatic transmission ng ford. Maybe he didn't want the hassle of going back and forth if the local transmission repair was f'd up, so he just bought a new assembly instead.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Transmission issues are common problems with Ford Explorers ... even Ford Rangers had similar issues ... we cannot assume that these owners have neglected their vehicles ... if there are indeed owners like these, then we should be hearing transmission issues with other brands and there should be more problems with Toyotas since they have almost 50% of PH market ...
    Last edited by Walter; December 9th, 2022 at 10:19 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast