New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    CX-5 is definitely softer than the Forester. Maybe softer than the RAV4. Many Toyotas have the "harsh use" suspension, which means stiffer springs, especially for the local market. The 2000+ Altis was stiff. The 06 was way too soft. The 08 was just right. Older RAV4s were VERY stiff. The previous one was just right... wonderful suspension. The new one is back to being semi-sporty.

Softest is probably the Tucson or the Sportage... depending on the tire package. The Tucson variants with big wheels still have a soft suspension, but the wheels tend to crash... the suspension is too soft to control the big tire package.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So Rav4 may have the same suspension as the Xtrail CVT. This makes the 1st gen Xtrail the softest suspension in the market which I really miss. My friend also says the suspension at the back of his Forester is harsher than the front. The Tucson for me is harsh especially in potholes. I hear a loud bang inside the cabin every time the Tucson encounters bumps.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Decided na ko sa Burnished Bronze Forester NA, pag wala, next choice is ice silver metallic..was offered free reverse sensor or yung rubber tray by my agent..

Hopefully mailabas na this week or early next week..

Deciding factor is, at the price, you get an AWD that you have to pay additional 300k-400k in other brands. Even though I know I will not be using or needing it, the tought that other people are paying a hefty sum for it and I'm getting it for free at a lower total cost aba ok na rin. And kung iisa isahin mo yung features, yung mga kasama sa NA Forester makukuha mo lang sa TOTL ng ibang brand. Hindi man siya yung pinakamatipid, bawi bawi na rin sa ibang aspeto.
    Last edited by oliver1013; March 11th, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Decided na ko sa Burnished Bronze Forester NA, pag wala, next choice is ice silver metallic..was offered free reverse sensor or yung rubber tray by my agent..

Hopefully mailabas na this week or early next week..

Deciding factor is, at the price, you get an AWD that you have to pay additional 300k-400k in other brands. Even though I know I will not be using or needing it, the tought that other people are paying a hefty sum for it and I'm getting it for free at a lower total cost aba ok na rin. And kung iisa isahin mo yung features, yung mga kasama sa NA Forester makukuha mo lang sa TOTL ng ibang brand. Hindi man siya yung pinakamatipid, bawi bawi na rin sa ibang aspeto.
    Congratulations! I was also in the same dilemma over the past 2 weeks when I had to decide on a new car/SUV, I had the same choices and settled on the Subaru Forester 2.0iL, Dark Gray. Whew, glad I am over it, tough decision to make!

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow buti nalang na busy ako this week at di ko pa binabayaran, may new variant daw ng 2.0i, with push start, sunroof,auto tailgate, power seats, genuine leather, 18 inch mags..price is 1,598M, but till march 31, 1.558M...worth it kaya ito mag aadditional more or less150k ako for the amenities?
    Last edited by oliver1013; March 15th, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Kung di naman mabigat sa bulsa mo sir kunin mo na. Although di naman talaga kailangan karamihan dun heheh nice to have lang. Leather upholstery sa labas + swap to 18 inch mags, 100k+ na to di ba.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Wow buti nalang na busy ako this week at di ko pa binabayaran, may new variant daw ng 2.0i, with push start, sunroof,auto tailgate, power seats, genuine leather, 18 inch mags..price is 1,598M, but till march 31, 1.558M...worth it kaya ito mag aadditional more or less150k ako for the amenities?
    Hindi ako aware dito. My SA in Subaru GH did not mention about this. But anyway, I just had my reservation for the CX-5 Pro last week. Practicality kicked in terms of fuel efficiency and Youjin 3, Riding comfort is a plus. I hope i made the right decision.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Can anyone please line-up what the new Forester 2.0i Premium has that the CX-5 Pro doesn't in terms of toys/features?

Stuff I can think of are:

Power Tail Gate
    18' vs. 17' Wheels
    Power Seats
    Sunroof
    AWD

What else? Thanks.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa all wheel drive palang ulam na...dinagdagan pa ng sunroof, push start, power seats, leather seats, power tailgate, 18" rims, hill assist, hill descent, power folding mirrors, boxer engine, tapos subaru pa...hindi man siya maging sing tipid ng cx 5, iniisip ko nalang di ko naman ikahihirap yung magiging difference sa konsumo at sa PMS..sa lahat ng auto ko 10k a year lang tinatakbo so magkano lang yun..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    power memory seats siya. very convenient if someone else drives your car.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast