New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    What's the verdict of your test drives gentlemen? heheh. When I was in the same predicament, what I didn't like in the CX5 was just the throttle response. Otherwise it was still a toss up, not considering the price.

Yojin 3 has the CX5 going, sa totoo lang. 3 years of PMS is a big amount of savings.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    yun na nga po. wala po ako makitang sinasali icompare ang cr-v.

nextweek pa ako pupunta sa showroom ng subaru. medyo malayo kasi greenhills kaya di ko nasabay nung nag balintawak kami.
    san po ba showroom ng mazda? itong dalawa na lang yung hindi ko pa nakikita ng personal

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Amongst all crossovers, the CR-V is still the king of practicality. Best loading floor (tied with RAV4) best seat folding system, one-click and the rear seat cushion flips up, the rear seatback folds into the space under it, and you've got a load floor bigger and flatter than some vans. It has one of the biggest backseats (if not THE biggest) and good space everywhere.

A 2.0 CR-V is all the family car you'll ever need. And the ride is much better than the previous generation... which was better than the crappy 2nd gen "AUV", but still stiff.

Exciting, however, it is not.

-

The CX-5 and Forester are both pretty cool. When I drove the Fozzie 2.0, it was rather stiff. Supposedly, newer units have a softer suspension, and indeed, the XT we drove for the February Big Test (CX5 2.5 versus Forester XT versus Tiguan) was softer.

The comparo does not include the CX-5 Pro and the Forester 2.0i, sadly, but I've driven both. The CX-5 is much more fun to drive. Like a sports hatchback... just taller. If you don't need AWD, there's no reason other than the extra headroom and ground clearance to get the Forester. If you're looking at practicality, though, you should still consider the CR-V.

Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    What's the verdict of your test drives gentlemen? heheh. When I was in the same predicament, what I didn't like in the CX5 was just the throttle response. Otherwise it was still a toss up, not considering the price.

Yojin 3 has the CX5 going, sa totoo lang. 3 years of PMS is a big amount of savings.
    The throttle response is actually good. If it was the 4x4, there is some lag due to the AWD system, though. The 4x2 is much, much peppier despite the smaller engine.
    Last edited by niky; March 5th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    For me Subaru bec of its safety features, eto yung Volvo ng mga Japanese car, iba yung ride at comfort Subaru, fuel consumption depends sa road condition at yung tapak mo sa gas pedal

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow a friend called eto ang pampagulo...may friend ako na may friend na binebenta yung 2013 XVpremium niya, 1600km lang ang tinakbo, 1.160M nalang daw, magpapalit daw ng auto kasi nabuntis yung asawa needs a bigger car siguro...tempting but I have already made up my mind.

And btw he mentioned to me na nag 7km/l daw yung XV so mas matakaw daw ng di hamak yung forester because same engine but heavier..pambihira..ang sarap ng problema ko no?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman88 View Post
    I watched it na. Dikit na dikit talaga sila. Close fight. Lalo lang gumulo isip ko. Sana yun mga owners ng cx 5 and forester magpost ng pros and cons nila. Thanks guys.
    I would suggest that you just back read on both of their sub forums here in tsikot.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *Niky, I drove the 2.0 CX5, it felt hesitant to rev or get to speed at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Wow a friend called eto ang pampagulo...may friend ako na may friend na binebenta yung 2013 XVpremium niya, 1600km lang ang tinakbo, 1.160M nalang daw, magpapalit daw ng auto kasi nabuntis yung asawa needs a bigger car siguro...tempting but I have already made up my mind.

And btw he mentioned to me na nag 7km/l daw yung XV so mas matakaw daw ng di hamak yung forester because same engine but heavier..pambihira..ang sarap ng problema ko no?
    Kunin mo na XV sir. Laking discount niyan hahah!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    *Niky, I drove the 2.0 CX5, it felt hesitant to rev or get to speed at some point.

Kunin mo na XV sir. Laking discount niyan hahah!
    You're probably feeling the difference between drive-by-wire and cable-throttle. There might be other electronic throttle cars that respond faster, but the CX-5 isn't particularly laggardly compared to most. At least, not the 2.0 I drove.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    How do you compare the suspension of Rav4 against Forester and CX5? I drove the CX5 and the suspension is a little softer than Xtrail CVT. I would assume Rav4 is the softest as plenty of Toyotas have soft suspension except for the Fortuner. Tucson for me has the worst suspension followed by Escape.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    CX-5 2.0 AT owner here. Share ko ung thoughts ko on some of the issues, problem lang di ako nkpagtest drive ng Subaru. Suspension, I'd say it is in the middle of the pack, stiffer than CR-V but softer than Tucson, I find it softer than the Rav4 though but not by much or baka dahil mas matagal ako sa CX-5. As for the throttle response, I think it's not lagging, just that because it is very quick to upshift, it doesn't have much power being in the high gear when you press the throttle so it has to shift back to a lower gear to have the power which causes delay. I think pag manual swabe ung throttle response. BTW, I am having 11-12km/L on mixed driving, 60% highway, 40% city. I got 8.5 km/L (manual computation) nung nagtest drive misis ko and the speed is almost 10-30kms lang, 30kph max.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast