New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi Guys! Need your advise on which car to buy. Torn between these two cars Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester 2.0il. My concerns are performance, driveability, fuel consumption and features. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman88 View Post
    Hi Guys! Need your advise on which car to buy. Torn between these two cars Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester 2.0il. My concerns are performance, driveability, fuel consumption and features. Thanks in advance.
    Have you visited both dealers, checked out the actual units and/or asked for a test drive? That might help you out with deciding.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014

subaro forester

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe you want to put FC as a lesser concern and focus on performance and driveability, then Subaru Forester XT for the win. Hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Yes. I test drove both cars and i noticed that the CX-5 is more refined, smooth and it has good handling. Parang ang sarap niya idrive. The only downside is that its a bit small compared to the Forester and it has 40k price increase in the CX-5 Pro. Is it worth it? 1,455,000 was the price before the increase.

And for the Forester, it is big compared with the CX-5, also has a good handling, better visibility but the suspension is a bit stiff, medyo matagtag siya. Is it normal? How about the FC of the Forester? Matipid ba? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe you want to put FC as a lesser concern and focus on performance and driveability, then Subaru Forester XT for the win. Hehehe
    If only budget permits. Why not? Hehe But i can only afford the above mentioned cars.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    fuel efficient - cx5 because of skyactiv

plus the yojin 3

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman88 View Post
    Yes. I test drove both cars and i noticed that the CX-5 is more refined, smooth and it has good handling. Parang ang sarap niya idrive. The only downside is that its a bit small compared to the Forester and it has 40k price increase in the CX-5 Pro. Is it worth it? 1,455,000 was the price before the increase.

And for the Forester, it is big compared with the CX-5, also has a good handling, better visibility but the suspension is a bit stiff, medyo matagtag siya. Is it normal? How about the FC of the Forester? Matipid ba? Thanks.
    The early releases of the 2014 Subaru Forester did have stiffer suspension. This is based on various feedback from owners and I have felt this as a passenger as well. I have the 2013 model and the newer Fozzie is much stiffer than mine.

I believe they already rectified this in the latest models they are releasing. Ask your Motor Image SA if you can test drive one of these newer releases and see if the stiffness is lessened.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just came from both dealers in Greenhills a few minutes ago...99% na sana ako sa forrester 2.0i kasi mas mura na, AWD pa and the features that come standard are optional for other brands, kaso nga I read in the subaru thread na matagtag nga daw and meron daw vibrations sa engine..Geez para kong nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig. Naalala ko tuloy yung sinasabi ng magandang ahente ng Mazda na i test drive ko raw cx5..hmmm kaya pala..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Just came from both dealers in Greenhills a few minutes ago...99% na sana ako sa forrester 2.0i kasi mas mura na, AWD pa and the features that come standard are optional for other brands, kaso nga I read in the subaru thread na matagtag nga daw and meron daw vibrations sa engine..Geez para kong nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig. Naalala ko tuloy yung sinasabi ng magandang ahente ng Mazda na i test drive ko raw cx5..hmmm kaya pala..
    Same situation bro. Mas cheaper kase Forester and madaming features. Kaso nga lang pag test drive ko nafeel ko yun tagtag niya and sabi din ng parents ko sa backseat matagtag siya. Oo test drive mo bro yun CX-5 para mafeel mo yun difference. Medyo maliit nga lang yun pero no question sa driveability niya. Ang hirap tuloy magdecide. How much nakuha mo discount sa Forester?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast