New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys, my brother has a 1.7M dilemma. For a family of 5, which do you think is better for long term ownership and is more bang for the buck.
    Mostly metro manila driving with occasional out of town trips. Thanks in advance!

Free 6x or 3yrs PMS
    Fully loaded.
    Fuel efficient daw kahit 2.5L gas.
    Unknown reliability

http://www.autoindustriya.com/mobile...cx-5-awd-sport

Vs

Very good crdi engine
    Cheaper fuel
    Good features
    More pricey PMS?

http://www.autoindustriya.com/mobile...nta-fe-gls-2wd

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on you. For me, it may be worth considering if its the Skyactiv-D, but then with the 2.5L gas variant, even if it can run with Hyundai's CRDi's, it is still outgunned in the FC department. And I believe the more appropriate competitor for this one is the Tucson Premium 2.0R e-VGT 4x4, which has most, if not all of the features present in the CX5.

As it is, the SF has more seats, is more fuel efficient, and definitely has more punch. In terms of resale value, I am also more than a bit skeptical about how the Mazda will perform. With the SF, at least you won't have to worry about selling it for ridiculously low prices.

With already 5 people in the family, it is also quite practical to have a car that seats more than that in case someone else would be coming along.
    Last edited by GTi; June 5th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have to go with the Santa Fe on this comparison. However, if I am looking to get a gas-powered 4x4 CUV, I am all for the new Forester XT.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Santa fe would be a better choice here, it's bigger and resale value is better. FC is also better coz it's a diesel. The only thing cx5 is beteer if used mostly in the metro is the size, smaller means easier to park more agile.

Santa fe is better compared to sorento and cx5 to crv, rav4, tucson and sportage.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You really don't need an AWD/4x4 vehicle under such conditions, a FWD/4x2 will do just fine. Though it does not have the bells and whistles of the new Santa Fe, but the 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi AT will be a good suggestion. It is cheaper than both at 1.35M, but you get the efficiency of a CRDi, power output of the Santa Fe, seats 5 comfortably, and big cargo space.

For 1.7M, the Mazda6 is a viable option with its new looks and all its bling and performance.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    Santa fe would be a better choice here, it's bigger and resale value is better. FC is also better coz it's a diesel. The only thing cx5 is beteer if used mostly in the metro is the size, smaller means easier to park more agile.

Santa fe is better compared to sorento and cx5 to crv, rav4, tucson and sportage.
    And how did you come up with "resale value is better" for the Sta Fe?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I guess it depends on your bro's situation.

If purpose of the car is primary family transport, the bigger 7-seat and diesel powered Santa Fe may be more practical.

But if it's a 2nd car mainly for the owner with his family occasionally sharing, the CX-5 will definitely feel much more special with all the nice options included.

It terms of cost, there isn't a big difference so I guess it's a question between family practicality vs personal satisfaction.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    between the two ... go for the mazda cx5...pareho sila low resale value...but better quality and built ang Mazda. I own a Subaru Forester, you might wanna consider. :-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'd go with the Santa Fe. Baka ma phase-out agad CX-5 just like CX-7.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I'd go with the Santa Fe. Baka ma phase-out agad CX-5 just like CX-7.
    Late naman pinasok dito yung CX-7 kaya naphase-out "agad". Unlike the CX-5 na pinasok agad pagka release worldwide.

Mazda CX-5 AWD 2.5L vs Hyundai Santa Fe GLS FWD