New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Folks, all priced the same at 1.3M.

Mazda is fully loaded with 3 yr yojin. Touted to have good fc.
    Sportage is cheapest of the 3. Runs diesel and with good fc.
    Sorento is bare but with the best space.

Leaning towards Mazda as it has everything in it.
    TCO is top consideration for 5 year period.

Appreciate feedback. Please limit to these models.

Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    up folks, thanks for the feedback!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I think medyo madami na threads about comparisons of suvs, you can check those to get an idea.
    All 3 more or less have good feedbacks and are almost equally recommended.

Sa akin lang, Sorento. You can add all the blingsblings you want to a car but you can't add space. And I'm biased to barebone cars, less stuff to break.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung TCO ang top consideration CX5 na. FYI naka iridium plugs na pala 'to so sabi ng casa they're good for 100k kms

Consider computing na din ang difference in terms of insurance, LTO after 3 years, tires, and other items that you will need in those five years.
    Last edited by JohnM; October 8th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Better hurry while there are still stocks of the non i-stop CX-5. Read in the other thread na some dealers are getting the i-stop version this month, so this is an indication na konti na lang non i-stop units. Add to that na the dealers are apparently offering big discounts already.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Better hurry while there are still stocks of the non i-stop CX-5. Read in the other thread na some dealers are getting the i-stop version this month, so this is an indication na konti na lang non i-stop units. Add to that na the dealers are apparently offering big discounts already.
    Yeah, the refresh of stocks are for I-stop equipped units already. Practicality is Sorrento but the CX-5 really is hard to pass by as a choice. Early this year I was for the Sorrento as I think the CX-5 is priced high vs its petrol competitors (CRV, Forrester,etc.). 6 days in a week, I usually drive alone and only get to have family (only 2 passengers though) on Sundays riding it so it getting the space does not make sense.
    The Sportage on the other hand is cheaper with the discounts vs CX-5 and runs cheaper fuel. It is also a practical choice but I am not hooked on the looks.
    Appreciate your inputs.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Sportage runs on cheaper fuel? How so? Coz if we're talking about the gas version, the CX-5 requires only 91RON, not 95/97/100RON. If the diesel is what you were referring to, then yeah it does run on cheaper fuel. But also factor in the costs of maintaining a diesel vs the Yojin3 program which will not cost you a single centavo.

Have you test driven both?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yes, I'm referring to the sportage crdi. Test drove the cx-5 last weekend. Driving it again tomorrow and see if I can get a feel of it more.
    Scheduled Kia on the weekend.
    Trying to compute the 3 year TCO for sportage and cx5. On an average, I travel 18k KMS in a year or per gas cubby, php6k per month. Since diesel is cheaper by 20%, that will equate to around php1k/month of fuel cost savings on the sportage or 12k per year. The assumption is fc is the same on both vehicles.
    However, that will be offset by PMS cost of php7k/5kPMS. Projected total PMS cost for sportage for 3 year period would be approximately 23.5k multiplied by 3 or 70k. The sportage selling price should be cheaper by 34k (70k - (3x12k)) compared to the cx-5 to make it worthwhile as a choice.

I'm getting the PMS cost for Mazda on the 4th and 5th year to compute and compare 5 yr TCO.

Any comments on the above approach so far?

Mazda cx-5 2.0at (no i stop) vs Sportage CRDI AT vs Sorento CRDI AT LX