New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi to all, I'm planning to own a crossover for me and my family (wife and baby). I will use it most of the time from cavite to pasay/makati area, and occasionally long drives. I hope you can share your experiences (for owners) and insights to help me decide. My primary concerns are handling/driving feel, fuel efficiency and maintenance cost. TIA!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Subaru XV coz of resale value. It has 200k discount na so at lesst acquisition is low in case you dispose it in the future.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 for the Subaru XV. It's a better platform than the other two. The extra ground clearance (similar to CUVs) is another plus.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Subaru XV coz of resale value. It has 200k discount na so at lesst acquisition is low in case you dispose it in the future.

Sent from my Macbook 12"
    One dealer said they only have 60k discount + 82k worth of body kits for the xv.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    +1 for the Subaru XV. It's a better platform than the other two. The extra ground clearance (similar to CUVs) is another plus.
    The extra ground clearance is really a plus. How about the maintenance cost ng subaru. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Personally, i dont recommend any of these vehicles anymore coz it has no value whatsoever. You autotmatically lose half of your money coz nobody would buy that at 30% - 40% less even if it a year or 3 years old.

Yun Subaru XV 200k discount was relayed here in a discount thread somewhere, maybe you should search for that. So if your mind is made up on any of these cars, at least try to find the best deal

Sent from my Macbook 12"

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    1. HRV
    2. XV
    3. CX3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by babybackrivs View Post
    1. HRV
    2. XV
    3. CX3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since you are a family man, space is important. Go get the HRV. I can't imagine fitting a "jogger" stroller, and the baby's multiple bags in the XV or the CX3's cargo area.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunPing View Post
    One dealer said they only have 60k discount + 82k worth of body kits for the xv.

The extra ground clearance is really a plus. How about the maintenance cost ng subaru. Do you have any idea? Thanks!
    In my experience with Subaru, their cost per liter of synthetic oil is cheaper than Honda and Ford. The good thing with Subaru dealerships is that you can bring your own oil and other stuff (as long as within specifications stated in the manual) with only a minimal corkage fee. The SAs tell me to prepare some budget when the time comes when the CVT fluid is to be replaced. Even in Honda, CVT fluid replacement is also expensive.

Since you're a family man, I guess it would be much better if you spend a bit and get the Forester instead. The price difference is not much but the Forester has a bigger interior and more cargo room. I drive a Forester XT by the way.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    "Safe" or conservative choice would be the Hrv. Not that the xv or cx3 is bad pero by your description parang Hrv would most fit your needs.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1. XV for functionality
    2. HRV for practicality
    3. CX-3 for looks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast