New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    It's an apples and oranges comparo but since both are similarly priced, which would you go for?

Anyone know features that are available or lacking in the 6 vs the CX-5 and vice versa apart from the obvious?

In terms of seat comfort, which do you think is more comfortable? CUV's are easy to get in and out since their seat height is higher. But smaller CUV's tend to have shorter hip length especially for the rear seats compared to mid sized sedans so it can get more tiring on longer road trips.

Also, in terms of interior, which do you feel is more spacious?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    in terms of space and comfort i'd give it to the mazda 6, feature wise not sure since i've only driven the mazda 6 in the states. not sure what the features are in the philippines. build quality i'd give it to the 6 also.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There was an old article on motioncars years back comparing a Cefiro Brougham or Elite with the current -- then -- crop of compact SUVs. I think they were in the same price range, much like TS's comparo here.

Ride comfort, power, space, and i believe even FC, went to the mid-sized sedan. It was, of course, an out of town trip, so the thirsty V6 was sipping fuel in cruise mode. So the article ended with a question of the buyer's lifestyle. Does he/she really need an SUV when he/she can have something relatively more spacious, more powerful and more comfortable in a mid-sized sedan's body?

If comfort is the priority, definitely the 6. If space is the priority, likewise the 6. If flexibility and go-anywhere is the priority, the CX5. But 'go-anywhere' is still relative in a compact SUV. Unless you're talking about a Grand Vitara or Jimny. And unless you're regularly carrying something relatively tall that requires wagon type height, the sedan's trunk is bound to be cavernous.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd go with the Mazda6. It's like choosing also between an Accord and CRV or Camry and RAV4. Ride quality and comfort are two of the best things in a midsize car. If you do need the added space in the back, then a CUV might be the best choice. You want the best of both worlds - comfort and ride of a midsize car plus the extra space in the back (and foldable back seats) - go with a station wagon (Legacy GT wagon for the win!).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I'd still pick the CX-5.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_kills View Post
    It's an apples and oranges comparo but since both are similarly priced, which would you go for?

Anyone know features that are available or lacking in the 6 vs the CX-5 and vice versa apart from the obvious?

In terms of seat comfort, which do you think is more comfortable? CUV's are easy to get in and out since their seat height is higher. But smaller CUV's tend to have shorter hip length especially for the rear seats compared to mid sized sedans so it can get more tiring on longer road trips.

Also, in terms of interior, which do you feel is more spacious?

Thanks!

Depends on your lifestyle. If you want a more executive car, the Mazda6 is your choice. If you want to be more active or sports lifestyle, then the CX5 is your car.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Depends on your lifestyle. If you want a more executive car, the Mazda6 is your choice. If you want to be more active or sports lifestyle, then the CX5 is your car.
    +1

recently we just purchased the CX5 because we want an SUV

But if we are looking for a sedan, definitely the M6 shall be our choice.