New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    MAZDA 6...... then install a turbo .

I've seen a mazda 6 with turbo (or sounds like one) along congressional ave or maybe its a mazdaspeed 6 import, i'm not sure. i don't know how they managed to put one in if they did. With bodykits, it even rivals the look of the rx-8 following the car. the 18inch wheels make it look ***y.
    Last edited by Negus; March 30th, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With a 2.3 liter engine, it's not that hard to get maybe 200 hp (reliable) with a turbo... but it'd be even more impressive to get the direct injection unit from the Mazdaspeed instead... can anyone say 300hp... chipped?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT

It'd be nice to put turbos in them. But, these cars are people movers. That turbo's not going to be very impressive with all that weight. Turbos are only really happy if it's only the driver and maybe a date.

If I want a blown midsize sedan, better a V6 with a supercharger. They can handle added weight better than a 4-cylinder turbo.

Back to the two 4-banger midsize cars.....

I find the new Camry just about as sporty-looking as the Mazda 6, at least the USDM one with the sports package. Toyota did very good with this latest Camry.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me, it's a no-brainer at the price of the Mazda 6... but the reality is that those who are interested in buying this class of sedan will go for the Camry rather than the Mazda 6. The youngish folks that the Mazda 6 targets faces stiff competition from SUVs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Haha ofcourse id say mazda 6, mas gusto ko kasi pag konti ang meron. impressive naman ang drive niya lalo na with the intake kit

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    for me, it's a no-brainer at the price of the Mazda 6... but the reality is that those who are interested in buying this class of sedan will go for the Camry rather than the Mazda 6. The youngish folks that the Mazda 6 targets faces stiff competition from SUVs.
    That's true to a certain extent. But, there's still plenty who don't want to make the jump to SUV's just yet.

Even here where there's so many SUV's to pick from, many still pefer midsize sedans. I see a lot of Mazda 6 owners although it's safe to assume 9 out of 10 have the V6 version (and the occasional turbo 4) rather than the 4-cylinder.

It's opposite with the new Camry. I see a lot more 4-cylinder Camrys than V6 ones (1 tailpipe vs 2 for the V6).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa porma parehas lang na :cheers2:. sa price wow bang-for-the-buck ang Mazda6 (come to think of it parang gusto ko na i-dispose yung corona ko hehehe). sa features ako sa camry. pero kung mahilig ka mag-setup ng kotse, panalo ang mazda6. so from that mas gusto ko Mazda6 at major factor yung price nya!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Jap sedans face stiff competition here because it's mostly girls who drive Jap sedans (as far as i've observed). Though lately, I've been seeing several women driving SUVs. Maybe it's the SUV's height that gives a commanding view of the road that's why it's preferred.
    Last edited by Horsepower; April 1st, 2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: structure

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here, more women drive SUV's as a people hauler. Joe Redneck drives his souped up RAM pickup. Every V6 Mazda 6 I've seen are driven by guys much like the V6 Altimas. We're also a college town which is why there are a lot of compacts and sedans here in the burbs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mazda6 sells pretty slowly here because it appeals to younger guys, who often don't have the moolah for a midsize car. The Camry sells because it appeals to older buyers, who do have the 1.5 - 2 million pesos of jack to buy cars in this price range.

Oh, have finally seen the new Legacy up-close. Feels really upmarket, especially with the frameless windows. Some plastic issues, but don't all Japanese cars have that? Anyway, it's not a sea of boring gray like the base Impreza.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MAZDA 6 vs. CAMRY 2.4V - now that MZ6 is discounted