New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    whoa??? i see more and more mz3's and mz6's now on the streets. come to think of it they were just launched here in the country just recently. by next year we will see the roads filling up with these babies
    wag naman sana. about the resale value of the 6 meron ba o wala like other mazda cars?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    sorry but i personally havent seen a Mazda6 running around metro manila and even if the Mazda6 is desirable for us tsikoteers,it would not be a hit in the Philippine market.....
    bkt?, is it bec of its price?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Honda Accord gets my vote

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    at your age, i'd get the one with the biggest backseat. anyway, my vote goes for the Mazda 6.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Seems almost everyone here likes the Mazda6, but ... has anyone actually bought one? Or know anyone who has? Any feedback, on car or dealer? Does it live up to expectations?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mazda6 im 22...got it this month.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sa mazda6 ako

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mazda 6 only looks good but has outdated technology, poor power, and really bad resale value compared to the Accord.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V
    Mazda 6 only looks good but has outdated technology, poor power, and really bad resale value compared to the Accord.

what outdated technology? the Philippine version is Japan CBU. its engine is very responsive and plenty powerful for me. its got Sequential Valve timing that won't be ashamed with an accord. its transmission is 5AT with Manual Sequential shifter, also very smooth and free of shiftshock (better than accord). its Body is a very stiff structure that allow's you to fully exploit its chassis, its suspension are using all the modern bits. Double wishbone suspensiion upfront (same as Accords) and multilink rear. its supple enough to cushion the ride fm. the Low Profile tires yet does a very good job in delivering superb handling only the Accord can dream about. its the best value for money in the mid-size sedan category in Philippines. (6airbags + sun-roof) u won't get in the 2.4li accord. BTW, u are one of those bashers who haven't driven the car. go and test drive first before making such claims....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't own a 6, but I've finally driven one. Some comments:

Power is decent for a 2.3 engine, but the shifter saps a lot of it away. It's decently quick, but the shifter's logic isn't something to be awed at.

Steering feel is excellent, very detailed and grainy... what you'd expect from a Mazda, and miles and away better than in the Accord or Camry. Turn-in is crisp and sure, and you always know what the car is doing.

Unfortunately, the sporty rims and Potenza tires on the tester we drove communicate a bit too well. You can feel the road through your feet (much like on my Lynx RS or in a Miata), which is desirable if you're pushing the car hard and want to extract maximum performance, but not if you're after relaxation.

The suspension is stiff, but not bouncy or rattly. It's not as cushiony as the aforementioned Accord or Camry, but neither can the Japanese cars handle like the 6 (but the Accord comes close). It's very European in feel, hugging the road and not floating like a boat (the exact opposite of a Cefiro).

Yes, resale value is pretty so-so, but then, all mid-sized cars have poor resale value (yes, even the vaunted Accord). The only places where the 6 lags behind the Accord in terms of tech is in terms of variable timing (the i-VTEC is still more sophisticated) and transmission (debateable, though... as the 6 now has a 5AT).
    Last edited by niky; June 23rd, 2006 at 03:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mazda 6 2.3L vs. Toyota Camry 2.4E vs. Honda Accord 2.4 VTi-L