New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Don't care about looks? Get a Vios E instead for only 778k, plus a 30k discount so that's about 750k. You save close to 200k vs your other options, more than enough to pay for gas for about 3 years. Maintenance is very cheap, the car is very reliable. Space is even bigger than an Mz3. Very easy to drive and it actually has good handling. FC will be the same as all your other options since it's stop and go traffic. You'll probably average around 8 km/L.

Objectively, I don't see how this isn't your best option. Subjectively, it's obviously not as classy as your options, but subjectiveness is nonsense right?
    i based my options on carguide ph top 5 of 2014.
    I was also considering Ford Fiesta, but I don't like their automatic tranny

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Don't care about looks? Get a Vios E instead for only 778k, plus a 30k discount so that's about 750k. You save close to 200k vs your other options, more than enough to pay for gas for about 3 years. Maintenance is very cheap, the car is very reliable. Space is even bigger than an Mz3. Very easy to drive and it actually has good handling. FC will be the same as all your other options since it's stop and go traffic. You'll probably average around 8 km/L.

Objectively, I don't see how this isn't your best option. Subjectively, it's obviously not as classy as your options, but subjectiveness is nonsense right?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kio View Post
    Up! Jazz VX vs Mazda 3 1.5V
    adding in Altis 1.6 G CVT

this will be my first car, so I really have limited knowledge in terms of maintenance and etc.

-will be used everyday 9am to 6pm; Antipolo to Makati via Rosario Pasig, C5, EDSA, Ayala (parang lahat ng impyernong traffic dadaanan ko) around 40 KM travel per day (back and forth)
    -it will be a long ride so fuel efficiency, comfort, and reliability are the criteria
    -i don't care about looks or any subjective nonsense, so objective reasons please
    Accent HB diesel ayaw mo?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Up! Jazz VX vs Mazda 3 1.5V
    adding in Altis 1.6 G CVT

this will be my first car, so I really have limited knowledge in terms of maintenance and etc.

-will be used everyday 9am to 6pm; Antipolo to Makati via Rosario Pasig, C5, EDSA, Ayala (parang lahat ng impyernong traffic dadaanan ko) around 40 KM travel per day (back and forth)
    -it will be a long ride so fuel efficiency, comfort, and reliability are the criteria
    -i don't care about looks or any subjective nonsense, so objective reasons please
    Accent HB diesel ayaw mo?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    So you based your decision on an article written by someone else, who probably has a different set of criteria from yours.

For example, the Mz3 ranked #2 primarily because it's a head-turner. Which goes against your statement that subjective criteria is nonsense.

The Jazz is a great package, until you realize that it's almost 200k more expensive than a Vios. For people who care about looks and toys, it might be worth it, but again, subjective criteria is nonsense right?

The Altis is a better car than the Vios in every way (except handling, the Vios is more agile because it's smaller), but you don't need the Altis since the Vios offers everything you said you need (reliability, efficiency, comfort) for much less money.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Yes you're right, but I want to maximize the budget that I'll be receiving which is 950K.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Have you test-driven a Fiesta? You better take it it out for a test drive, specially the 1.0L Ecoboost model. For about the same amount of money, I'd take the Fiesta Ecoboost over the Jazz VX. It is just so much fun driving a small car with about the same power and torque as bigger cars. It is even very thrifty on the highway. I drive daily a Fiesta Ecoboost and it is a way better drive than our previous-gen City and Jazz.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Have you test-driven a Fiesta? You better take it it out for a test drive, specially the 1.0L Ecoboost model. For about the same amount of money, I'd take the Fiesta Ecoboost over the Jazz VX. It is just so much fun driving a small car with about the same power and torque as bigger cars. It is even very thrifty on the highway. I drive daily a Fiesta Ecoboost and it is a way better drive than our previous-gen City and Jazz.
    Until the DCT starts to conk out on you hehe. Did they already update this on the newer models? Ford has been having DCT even with the launch of the Ecosport.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    binuhay tong old thread ko a, hahaha

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Until the DCT starts to conk out on you hehe. Did they already update this on the newer models? Ford has been having DCT even with the launch of the Ecosport.
    As per our survey in FCP, most Fiestas with tranny failures are those manufactured between 2011 and 2012. The newer Fiestas have updated TCM. Also, Ford extended tranny warranty up to 150k km for their cars with the dry-type DCT (Fiesta, Focus, Ecosport).

There are a bunch of Fiesta Ecoboost owners on the road. I guess the available torque at low RPM is an advantage of sorts for the Ecoboost model. The DCT works well with the small turbo engine. It can easily break 100kmh in just over 9 seconds from a dead stop, even with its traction control switched on.

Besides, Honda also had its share of tranny failures with their previous AT models. Not all manufacturers are free of such things.
    Last edited by Egan101; June 23rd, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Test drive all your options to find out which one suits your needs the most.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes you're right, but I want to maximize the budget that I'll be receiving which is 950K.
    If you have to consume your 950k budget anyway, then I'd suggest Mz3 1.5 among your choices. It doesn't have low-end power, but you don't need it. It doesnt have space, but you don't need it. It looks hideous with the stock 16" rims, but you don't mind.

However, it's feature packed, comfortable, efficient, and easy to maintain because of Yojin3. The only practical drawback is that it will most likely have lower resale value than the Altis or Jazz.

But IMO best value for money is the Sylphy 1.8. It'll be priced around the same as the Mazda after discounts, but is more comfortable, has more space, and comes with more features.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast