New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Is it just me? I find this particular model of Mazda 3 too thirsty.

I had the chance to use a cousin's Mazda for a week. I computed 7 kms/litre in fuel consumption. My 1984 W123 200G (2.0 carb) constantly hits 8 kms/litre (4 speed lang ito ha!). Same distance and traffic conditions for both cars, aircon is on, same driving style.

My cousin's complain was also on fuel economy. She sold it.
    actually, its one of the issues of the M3. My two officemates also had these issues.... And yes, they are in the 7-8 kpl FC range.
    the other one did a racing chip change..... FC improved to around 9-10 kpl.... city.
    the other one sold it.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Is it just me? I find this particular model of Mazda 3 too thirsty.
    It's not you. :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    My wife also loathed the looks of the Yaris and wanted to buy the Mazda 3 1.6 (almost bought one but someone beat us to the particular unit we wanted to get)... that's why we ended up with the Altis also. If we got the Yaris, i would have upgraded it to the RS looks plus 17 inch rims. :D
    Altis na lang din sana kaso naka Altis na kasi ako eh. Tipid kasi sa Gas ang altis im going 10-11 km/l city driving.

17" rims? hindi pa sayad sya at malakas sa gas?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Altis na lang din sana kaso naka Altis na kasi ako eh. Tipid kasi sa Gas ang altis im going 10-11 km/l city driving.

then get another one! ayaw nyo noon? meron kayong dalawang magara at matipid na kotse..
    i couldn't decide myself.. so, i now have two innovas... (you know... yung feeling kapag bumili ka ng ibang kotse at kulang sa timbang kumpara sa na-una..)
    Last edited by dr. d; January 3rd, 2014 at 01:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Basta tama yung tire size, hindi naman sasayad yan. As for FC, baka lumakas but if you're using lightweight rims, the difference should not be noticed.

You're getting pretty good FC with your Altis, with my Gen 10.5 I average 9.5-10.5km/l++ ever since i increased the size of my rim and tires (overall diameter and weight of the rims increased). The best FC i ever got from our 2007 Gen 9.5 was 16.5km/L and strangely this was during a trip going home from Baguio where i drove the car hard and spend the few days going around in Metro Manila traffic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    then get another one! ayaw nyo noon? meron kayong dalawang magara at matipid na kotse..
    i couldn't decide myself.. so, i now have two innovas... (you know... yung feeling kapag bumili ka ng ibang kotse at kulang sa timbang kumpara sa na-una..)
    Sa amin, dalawang Altis (2007 and 2012). Pati sa Innova, when our family sold the 2006 Innova, we still decided to buy another Innova unit. :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    2010 yung altis ko A/T... hindi naman ako birit nang birit. waiting lang ako lagi na sya magkusa mag increase nang gear.

Highway driving ko Pasig - Batangas - Pasig na walang traffic... mga 15km/L minsan mataas pa. Crusing 100kph or below.

Cge scout ako nang ALTIS also nang kaya sa budget ni misis. She's paying for it kasi sya naman ang gagamit saka dagdag nalang naman yun sa Honda City 06 namin na balak ibenta. Lagi kasing nasisira na Na-Ondoy na - Na-habagat pa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2010 yung altis ko A/T... hindi naman ako birit nang birit. waiting lang ako lagi na sya magkusa mag increase nang gear.

Highway driving ko Pasig - Batangas - Pasig na walang traffic... mga 15km/L minsan mataas pa. Crusing 100kph or below.

Cge scout ako nang ALTIS also nang kaya sa budget ni misis. She's paying for it kasi sya naman ang gagamit saka dagdag nalang naman yun sa Honda City 06 namin na balak ibenta. Lagi kasing nasisira na Na-Ondoy na - Na-habagat pa.
    I guess you just keep your options open for Yaris-Altis-etc. Go with newest and best deal you find... But prioritize the Yaris if you feel your wife will appreciate the ease of maneuverability more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12