New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    assuming facefilted vios will have the same engine variant and same power and safety features, which of the 3 would you choose?

i like to include chevy cruze but i 1.8L is a different story.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i'm having the same dilemma as you are. hope someone will post an answer. hoping to have a decision within this week.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by laniabamby View Post
    assuming facefilted vios will have the same engine variant and same power and safety features, which of the 3 would you choose?

i like to include chevy cruze but i 1.8L is a different story.
    Vios - Value for Money, the best car in the bunch IMO. If you can stand too many of these on the road I'd recommend this one if your also after fuel economy. It also makes a good downtrend economy backup plan. Should you need a business in 4-5 years time, you can convert it to a taxi without any problem. Can't do that with a Honda.

City - If you're particular with your image. Honda City is the right car for you. With its macho looks and decent fuel economy Its the great all around car. Nice sound equipment coupled with huge legroom and trunk space makes this car a top choice by young dads who wanna feel young again while taking in consideration a growing family

Mazda 2 - The most fun to drive among the 3 (Esp the hatch), quick, fast and agile. Only down side is some reported less than stellar fuel economy. Whatever it lost in that dept. it gained in the amazing to drive category. I think the manual 1.5 mazda3 can make manual geared vios on the road eat some dust. Unfortunately this car aint for the family car shopper.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    visit the motion cars website, the 2009 honda city won over the 2010 toyota vios.

this leaves you with only the honda city vs. the mazda 2. we have a honda city and we have no regrets at all. not much has been written about the mazda 2 sedan though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If I were to be choosing between the TOTL variants for the three then my pick would be the Honda City 1.5E.

Though the Vios 1.5G seems to be cheaper and newer, I just find the Honda City more stunning & appealing.

However, for the Mazda 2 sedan ... yes it is cute, small and fast, I just can't seem to appreciate it's butt ( sorry doc & other mz2 owners ), but maybe ... a ductail can do the trick ?

Don't include the Cruze. It's a gas guzzler plus the maintenance would cost you an arm. Just hear from the complaints of the Chevy owners esp. the owners of the Optra
    Last edited by renzo_d10; April 26th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

mazda 2 sedan vs honda city vs toyota vios(facelifted)