New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    dunno if this link's gonna work, but I used the C! mag guide to compare their specs and features..

comparo

*tidus: may power amenities yung 1.4 na accent and 1.3 mazda2.

"optional" ang keyless entry at central doorlocks sa accent, according to the hyundai site.. dunno what that means.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    +1 on the Lancer Cedia on higher fuel consumption cost, for the Nissan Sentra GX, is it economical as well? I read threads saying it is not fuel efficient because of a heavy body. We actually prefer a fuel efficient car, MT and a new released model. Thanks for the reply Sir.
    You might want to read the following discussion thread on the Sentra 1.3L GX:

N16 Sentra GX 1.3L:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=52389&page=57

There are owners who claim getting 7-10km/L (city) and 10-14km/L (highway) once the car has passed it's break-in period.

Last edited by ghosthunter; January 16th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    The rear seats are not that important to me, since mostly the car will be used by my family. I am still leaning towards the Mazda2, Fiesta and maybe the Accent.
    I'd pick the Accent here. The old one. Pretty cheap, and it's diesel too. Just a reminder though, not all diesels come with cheap maintenance, especially modern ones.

The Accent is really fast. And pretty big. Rode in one, quite spacious inside.

I read good reviews about the M2 1.3liter fuel efficiency, I hope it's true. With the Fiesta on the other hand, has lots of features. Sorry for asking too much, I just want to spend my hard earned money on the right car.

I don't feel the sedan counterparts of the hatches so yeah .. unless you pick the hatchbacks, then those two will be at the last of my preference list.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

There are owners who claim getting 7-10km/L (city) and 10-14km/L (highway) once the car has passed it's break-in period.

Considering the size of the sentra, 7-10km/L is not bad for a 1.3L

Of course you should expect better figures when you're in a Mazda 2, Fiesta, Vios or city cause they're obviously smaller and lighter.

-

One more car that's kind of worth considering.

Kia Rio 1.4L

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    FIESTA AKO, hirap maginvest sa accent ,rio at sentra mababa kasi resale value unlike ung fiesta kahit ford parang pagnabili mo di ka magsisi baka mamaya may lumabas na taxi nung 3 e..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    diba malakas din naman sa gas yung sentra gx? kasi maliit yung makina tapos mabigat ang body?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    FIESTA AKO, hirap maginvest sa accent ,rio at sentra mababa kasi resale value unlike ung fiesta kahit ford parang pagnabili mo di ka magsisi baka mamaya may lumabas na taxi nung 3 e..

Pero olats talaga kasi likod ng Fiesta sedan eh ...

Kung yung hatch lang sana.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    diba malakas din naman sa gas yung sentra gx? kasi maliit yung makina tapos mabigat ang body?
    If compared to its rivals ( 1.3L ) malakas siya. But then again, it becomes acceptable because of the fact that it offers a more spacious interior, engine bay & trunk which can really be advantageous to others.

Probably yung GSX 1.6L na sentra if not mas matipid, same lang yung consumption.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    depends on the traffic conditions and the driver's driving habits.

You can read the owners' fuel economy quotes for the N16 Sentras in the thread link posted above.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Get the Vios 1.3E
    speed, fuel economy etc.. kahit bugbugin mo ok lang

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kaya ko lang tinanong kung di ba malakas ang konsumo ng sentra gx kasi may nag-refer nun against sa lancer cedia. sa pagkaka-alam ko kasi pareho lang sila ng fuel consumption kaya mas ok pa din ang cedia

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    OT: If the above mentioned FC of sentra is true, Then I'll choose Lancer. For the same size class, The FC is almost the same. "Almost" since I've never experienced the 7km/ltr. My worst (Lancer GLX) so far is 8km/ltr and that's during Christmas rush. Average is 9 to 11km/ltr. The New Gen Vios is not as efficient as the older generation. Drove both generation and concluded such.

to TS: with your choices, If you're going MT and sedan, I prefer m2 1.3. Since its light, expect great FC. its 10k PMS interval is also great since bihira ka lang babalik sa CASA for maintenance.
    Last edited by dale323; January 17th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda 2 sedan MT 1.3 liter VS Ford fiesta sedan trend MT 1.4 liter