New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    If you travel 10,000kms a year then you would have PMS twice for the Honda.

Twice also for the Toyota if you follow the 5,000kms interval.

Pretty much the same for both brands...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Staff View Post
    my rig's sparkplugs are changed every other PMS (at least according to the receipt hehehehe), so in my case every 10K km/6 months

ibabalik ko na lang ulit sa mineral oil, normal usage lang naman ako e
    Dapat check mo kung ano ang totoong service interval na nakalagay sa owner's manual regarding spark plug changes. Kung every other oil change ibig sabihin kada-10,000 kms nagpapalit ka? Ang dalas ata nun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    If you travel 10,000kms a year then you would have PMS twice for the Honda.

Twice also for the Toyota if you follow the 5,000kms interval.

Pretty much the same for both brands...
    sir, i think there is an inconsistency in above presentation kasi, say after a year if both cars have travelled 10,000km then the car whose recommended maintenance is every 5,000km should have undergone PMS when it reaches the 5,000 KM mark and another PMS on the next 5,000 KM which is on its 10,000th km mark. Which means you have undergo PMS twice. While the car whose recommended maintenace is every 10,000 KM should only undergo PMS on 10,000th km registration which is only once after the year.

Now, if you consider the "whichever comes first guide" where the equivalent periodic schedule is 6 months (for 10K km) and 3 months (for 5K km), the car whose recommended maintenance is every 10K KM should have to undergo PMS on the 6th and the 12th month after 1 year. Meaning you have to undergo twice in a year, while the car whose recommended maintenance is every 5K KM should have to undergo PMS on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and in the 12th month which is 4 times in a year. Unless you will not follow the recommended PMS shedule, then its another story. IMO

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think PMS lang lamang na ang Jazz.

Fuel consumption I guess would go to the Jazz (probably due to all the hulabaloo of how Jazz ay matipid)

For company cars that haul a lot of stuff, Jazz pa rin. (dahil sa ULT seats)

For re-sale value after it has depreciated, Vios.

For company cars that doubles as advertisment with those body stickers, Jazz (because of the bigger doors)

If those company cars that will regularly go to the provinces, I would pick the Vios for parts availability.

So it would depend on the use of the car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vios tsong nagkaroon ako ng 1nzfe na engine wala akong ginawa kung hindi change oil lang at sparks. brakes fuel filter

Wala ng mga valve adjust ek ek

mga 80,000km nabuo ko before selling it.

And from 15000km ako na lang nag mamaintain, no problem. oks talaga design ng toyota sa engine na ito, none of the chessy stuff

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PMS is the Vios is 5,000kms (3,000 miles) or 6 mos. whichever comes first.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    sir, i think there is an inconsistency in above presentation kasi, say after a year if both cars have travelled 10,000km then the car whose recommended maintenance is every 5,000km should have undergone PMS when it reaches the 5,000 KM mark and another PMS on the next 5,000 KM which is on its 10,000th km mark. Which means you have undergo PMS twice. While the car whose recommended maintenace is every 10,000 KM should only undergo PMS on 10,000th km registration which is only once after the year.

Now, if you consider the "whichever comes first guide" where the equivalent periodic schedule is 6 months (for 10K km) and 3 months (for 5K km), the car whose recommended maintenance is every 10K KM should have to undergo PMS on the 6th and the 12th month after 1 year. Meaning you have to undergo twice in a year, while the car whose recommended maintenance is every 5K KM should have to undergo PMS on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and in the 12th month which is 4 times in a year. Unless you will not follow the recommended PMS shedule, then its another story. IMO

Taking your private car for PMS 4 times a year makes Toyota very happy and rich You shoudl only do this the car is used for taxi, etc

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Taking your private car for PMS 4 times a year makes Toyota very happy and rich You shoudl only do this the car is used for taxi, etc
    It's not impossible...the basic guide is "whichever comes first" If your car travels 5,000km in 3 months then what do you think? It's only 1,667 km per month or 75 km/day (considering an ave. of 22 working days/month).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    It's not impossible...the basic guide is "whichever comes first" If your car travels 5,000km in 3 months then what do you think? It's only 1,667 km per month or 75 km/day (considering an ave. of 22 working days/month).

No I was still talking within the context of my previous post, i.e. 10k a year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
(Maintenance) Jazz vs Vios