New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i dont believe in that OEM vs non-OEM no difference. my 10 yr old crv was casa maintained for about 5 years, then 3 years sa servitek. the servitek people messed it all up. wala kasi sila honda checklist for honda. what they have are general checklist for servicing cars. parang pc repair, kung clone lang gamit dalhin mo kahit saan, pero kung may brand dun kasa sony/canon/panasonic/asus service center.

now, my CRV is back to casa-maintained. my last service sa CASA was July 2008 (full checkup). my next due accdg. to Honda was December. and since alternate vehicle ko ito, or 3 times a week lang naggamit. up to now, kahit March na walang pa akong nararamdam masama sa Makina. 9 months na hindi na-service hehehe

pero papaservice ko na ngaun, kasi different climate na tayo, mainit na

kung DIY person ka, puwede siguro. pero not all people have the time to do that and would rather concentrate on more pressing matters like the job/career.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're talking OEM to OEM, pare-pareho na. In fact, some Honda parts are cheaper.

The idea that Toyota parts were cheaper came about because in the 90's, Honda was innovating... they were using more expensive parts. Honda was one of the very few manufacturers using variable valve timing then, and the engines themselves cost more. The double wishbone suspensions were also more expensive. Toyota, on the other hand, was using an older engine design and a simpler McPherson-multi-link set-up.

Nowadays, the Honda Civic has McPherson struts, just like the Corolla. Both use variable valve timing and eletronic direct ignition... both cost about the same to maintain.

It's all kuwentong kutsero, really. The same people who'd tell you, twenty years ago, that a Toyota would never last as long as a Mercedes...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree, pareho lang sila, and pati yun sinasabi na mahal ang maitenace ng Nissan or bulok ang pang ilalim ng Mitsubishi (lancer) partly true siguro noon unang panahon, pero hinde na ngayon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Maintenance Cost:  Honda vs. Toyota