New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    +1 for the alphard, my brother got the odyssey and he sure wishes he got the alphard instead.:bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We were in the same predicament about 7 months ago when we were shopping for a replacement for my mom's Gen 1 Expy. At that time, the Odyssey was not yet available from the local Honda dealers but we were able to look at one from the gray market at that time, however we didn't like the styling particularly on how the rear side windows look. The Town and Country was deliberately taken off our list since we rented one in the US a few months before our purchase, we didn't like the second row seats because it was rock hard. We were really sold on the Alphard the first time we looked at it, I remember that it rode really well when we rode one in HK. However when we were about to place an order for one, we were told that there was a waiting period since Toyota imports only a handful of units every month and all the units that are due to arrive have been spoken for. This made things a lot easier for us since my mom also likes the Sienna very much, so we ended up with a Sienna SE from the gray market which in hindsight works better for my parents mainly due to the lower ride height as compared to the Alphard, we are very satisfied with our purchase. The downside of owning a gray market import that's not offered locally in our market is of course that after sales support, but if you find a shop or a competent mechanic who can work on it then go by all means, I also stock up on consumable parts like filters (air, A/C, fuel filters) ( oil filter is the same with a V6 Camry) brake pads. I ordered those parts from a US Toyota dealer and have my sister ship them here.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The alphard gets my vote for the luxury department hands down. Those ottoman are just so useful. But it looks to me that the alphard luxuriousness is best enjoyed when ridden. I mean when you have your driver drive for you.

Btw just got home from calatagan batangas with the terrible roads i think you really need to have a high ground clearance van.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I m? i and * o di? n * n, please Father * o Ąc ch? ?!!!...ano kaya ibig sabihin ng above post with the translation???

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    I m? i and * o di? n * n, please Father * o Ąc ch? ?!!!...ano kaya ibig sabihin ng above post with the translation???

+alphard for me.. Ganda.. What if may diesel version eto??? hmm

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    +1 for alphard.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    +alphard for me.. Ganda.. What if may diesel version eto??? hmm
    mas marami siguro eto sa kalsada.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Called the dealers to ask for price and unit availabilities since its hard to purchase without actually seeing the car first hand.

Honda priced at 2.8M

Toyota priced at 3.1M, + if you want the pearl white color

Chrysler priced at 2.7M, but the SA told me that they also have a diesel variant available. I'm not sure how refined the Chrysler's diesel engine since Chrysler is not known to produce diesel engines.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The price increased already? Sayang. Still, it's probably the best there is.

Chrysler diesel, don't know much about, but I think it uses Bosch components, which are relatively dependable, as far as diesel goes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12