New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hello, i am new here. I would like to get your different opinions with regards to purchasing a new car. Budget is between 1m- 1.5m

Right now, eto ang mga pinag pipilian namin:

Toyota Fortuner
    Mitsubishi Montero Sport
    Isuzu Sportivo
    Kia Sportage
    Ford Everest
    Chevrolet Captiva

Which is the best buy?
    What we need is:

1.) 4x2
    2.) Diesel and fuel efficient
    3.) Not so expensive Maintenance
    4.) Hindi Mabigat idrive
    5.) Easy to park
    6.) Many features

Please help guys. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    By mid-sized you mean 7-seater, right? If so, the Montero and Fortuner are feature-packed and most affordable among the options in your list. I recently got a 4x2 GLX M/T Montero Sport. I'm lovin' every bit!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Actually, first choice talaga namin ang fortuner. However, we got discouraged upon knowing that the fortuner is the number 1 most car-napped vehicle in the Philippines. So second choice namin is Montero Sport. Kumusta naman po ang maintenance cost ng Montero?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1. Walang M/T na Chevrolet Captiva
    2. Wala pang diesel at walang M/T na Kia Sportage

My top pick, Montero Sport GLX-V M/T. Ok sana yung Montero Sport GLS-V 4X4 M/T.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; October 27th, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest you get the newly introduced Montero Sport GLX-V M/T since 4x2 lang gusto mo. Its got 178ps and 400Nm, 50Nm more than the A/T version which is rare since the matic versions usually have more torque than their manual counterparts.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shans_wizard View Post
    Actually, first choice talaga namin ang fortuner. However, we got discouraged upon knowing that the fortuner is the number 1 most car-napped vehicle in the Philippines. So second choice namin is Montero Sport. Kumusta naman po ang maintenance cost ng Montero?
    Uh... so you don't want the Fortuner because it's the most carnapped, but you're considering:

Mitsubishi Montero Sport (If I recall, number two most stolen SUV na behind Fort? )
    Isuzu Sportivo (Number Three, 2010... number one most stolen AUV... kasi wala nang bagong Revo... )
    )Kia Sportage (no numbers, but when the Sorento was new, there was a spate of Sorento carnappings... likely be the same with the Sportage)

-

Kahit ba naman mga ten year old Civic na medyo run-down, kina-car-nap... bentahan nalang 30k, libreng delivery pa.

-

If you want a car that no carnapper will ever look at, buy a car that nobody in their right mind would ever want to buy... like a Daewoo Espero. Hell... baka bigyan ka pa ng libreng kotse ng mga carnappers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Well i am not saying na i am looking for a car that is carnapp-proof. What i am emphasizing is that being number 1 on the most carnapped list speaks something about the car and the carnapper's preference. We just want to have a good ride without having to worry much about it getting carnapped (peace of mind habang naka park)

If only CRV had a Diesel variant, we could have gone for that vehicle already.

Right now, we are still deciding (ranked according to preference):

1.) Montero Sport (latest)
    2.) Fortuner (latest)
    3.) Sportivo (latest)

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Got my fortuner last december and until now cautious pa din ako sa carjackers. Di na uso at di na ganun kadali ang carnap or SWP. It comes with the purchase. Most requested vehicle ang fort sa mindanao kahit di hamak na mas underpowered at lacking in features than newer rivals. I even got into firing dahil sa sasakyan na to.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Looking at your number 1-6 criteria...funny but, it fits the crosswind perfectly...

Wala kasing power,speed,torque....

Pero kung yung 1-6 lang crosswind na yan hahah

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hindi naman SUV ang crosswind eh.. AUV yan..

given the choices.. get the Everest...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Looking to buy a 4x2 Manual Mid-sized SUV