New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Re: Hyundai Coupe

The 2.7 V6 isn't available with a manual transmission here, but you might be able to order one (get ready to wait...). The 2.0 doesn't come with a manual anymore, but I'm told you can order a manual, and it's likely they'll give you a full warranty, since they've had manuals for sale officially before. (The 2.7 MT is a gray area, as they don't officially offer it for sale).

170+ hp for a 2.7 isn't horrible. Most 2.5s get around 160-170. But it's disappointing in a sport compact with a V6. And the V6 AT is not much faster 0-100 km/h (8.3 seconds) than the 2.0 MT (though it'll definitely pull hard over 100 km/h).

Disappointing, considering the previous Hyundai Coupe 2.0 MT (the Scoupe 97') was almost as quick as the SiR because of a light body and good torque.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hey niky... one can buy a KL01 engine for 35k including transmission. That's a 170hp 2.5L V6.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    [offtopic]No thanks... I'd rather get a turbo kit for my 2.0... I've seen the 2.5 V6 swap on a 626 and it looks bloody scary... the wires! :lol: Haven't heard how much luck the guy's had with it... this is the same guy that did a full N/A build on the 626 2.0 then blew it with a turbo.[/offtopic]

On-Topic: I just saw a 2006 Mistubishi V6 GT. Still had the dealership plates from Mistubishi Concord in the US. It was in that reflex/sonic/whatever orange that they used on the showcar. Very very very impressive looking in the flesh. Probably as expensive as the gray market 350Z, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just to be a stickler, but according to the American Sports Car Club and many dictionaries I've read, a sports car has only 2 doors, 2 seats and is RWD. something the Hyundai Coupe lacks.

Thats why even the Carrera of Porsche is called a GT car by some. Marketing lang of companies tend to bastardize the definition by using the words "sporty" to be interchangeable with the word "sports".

In some definitions you even have no roof for it. I'd think a Miata would be a great sports car. The Hyundai, with it's Pininfarina design looks very sporty with a very adequate engine.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero33
    Just to be a stickler, but according to the American Sports Car Club and many dictionaries I've read, a sports car has only 2 doors, 2 seats and is RWD. something the Hyundai Coupe lacks.
    I believe thats the definition of a traditional sports car...

Theapostle, currently it looks like all sports cars sold here cost more than P2M... (350Z, Z4, SLK, Boxster etc)
    I guess you'll have to get a used sports car like a used 1st gen Miata, BMW Z3, 2003 BMW Z4...
    Last edited by AG4; February 27th, 2006 at 05:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    I believe thats the definition of a traditional sports car...

Theapostle, currently it looks like all sports cars sold here cost more than P2M... (350Z, Z4, SLK, Boxster etc)
    I guess you'll have to get a used sports car like a used 1st gen Miata, BMW Z3, 2003 BMW Z4...
    does anyone know of an importer for the 350z? masyadong mataas yung srp ng nissan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    may mga gray market dealers, like the one near ABS-CBN/rembrandt hotel, sa EDSA southbound near the GMA flyover...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    The Mazda MX5 is a great car ever since it came out and now on its 3rd gen. Fun to drive on the road or track. Cheap to maintain and quite reliable.
    Heard that mazda won't bring in the new one coz they can't sell 100 units a month to provide support. May be better to order thru the grey market, estimate about P1.8-2M.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    The 3rd gen mazda miata is BEAUTIFUL with power.

If you don't mind gray importing it in, and you want a REAL sports car, go for it. Should be in your 2 million budget. This miata is no longer underpowered.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theapostle
    does anyone know of an importer for the 350z? masyadong mataas yung srp ng nissan.

...try sunday classfied ads ng manila bulletin. sobrang dami ng grey market dealers dun. gusto ko nga subukan mag inquire (no money, inquire lang) dun kaso nilalagay nila "please call, no text".

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Locally available sports cars