New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    eh kasi di ko naman gagamitin sa purpose nya, eh fo forshow ko lang hanggang sa time na ibenta ko sya, kasi grabe ang appreciation ng car neto. by just owning one, and showing it to some friends or clients, pede ka na din maka close ng business deals. somewhat similar to why most poltiicans and PNP men wear Rolex hihi
    well, if your clients are brits, i suppose that'll work.
    but if your clients are nips...
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ganito kasi yan doc, tayo and maybe some other countries like Japan, thailand, latin america, we are all amercanized. hence, the 4x4 vehicles na matunog sa tin na galing america eh gawa ng Ford or Jeep or even yun Hummer

but there's another world out there, and these are the former British colonies like parts of Africa and the Middle East.

if say a Jeep Wrangler owner sells his car here sa American side of things, walang dating eh kasi we normally see it everyday. but try to show them and Land Rover Defender and suddenly iba ang image diba. pero sa mga Africa, south africa middle east baka tingen lang nila sa Land Rover Defender eh Innova , kasi sobra dami duon.

kaya the Land Rover Defender will always have appreciated value in our side of the world, the American side. coz it's rare and it's always used in Commando movies or Indiana jones like movie to some exotic lands. take note doc, exotic hihi

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    MBNA or Mercedes Benz North America suffered sales loss when Lexus immigrated to the U.S. it was so bad that Chrysler bought MBNA and it became Daimler Chrysler. When it became part of Chrysler, it's not a purebred anymore. The starting system and the charging system used Nippon Denso, a Toyota company. You can say that Daimler Chrysler is still high hat but part of it is JAPANESE.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    ganito kasi yan doc, tayo and maybe some other countries like Japan, thailand, latin america, we are all amercanized. hence, the 4x4 vehicles na matunog sa tin na galing america eh gawa ng Ford or Jeep or even yun Hummer

but there's another world out there, and these are the former British colonies like parts of Africa and the Middle East.

if say a Jeep Wrangler owner sells his car here sa American side of things, walang dating eh kasi we normally see it everyday. but try to show them and Land Rover Defender and suddenly iba ang image diba. pero sa mga Africa, south africa middle east baka tingen lang nila sa Land Rover Defender eh Innova , kasi sobra dami duon.

kaya the Land Rover Defender will always have appreciated value in our side of the world, the American side. coz it's rare and it's always used in Commando movies or Indiana jones like movie to some exotic lands. take note doc, exotic hihi

i suppose, there are still gullible folks out there.
    good luck.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i suppose, there are still gullible folks out there.
    good luck.
    What are the latest numbers on em born every minute, doc?LEXUS vs. MERCEDES vs BMW

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    What are the latest numbers on em born every minute, doc?LEXUS vs. MERCEDES vs BMW

i don't know. but the internet is perhaps slowing the birth rate down a bit.
    perhaps carpy knows, because he is counting on their numbers for his income.
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    He wanted the rando rova for looks, who knows it's rover outside with mitsubishi engine and aisin warner transmission

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahirap ba talaga i-operate ang touchpad ng Lexus? When I read online reviews they usually rave about the comfort and quality but rant about the infotainment controls.

We are eyeing a Q3 as our first Euro. Medyo matagal pa yon though. Have to make our two scholars graduate from college first. Baka by that time puro EV na

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Mahirap ba talaga i-operate ang touchpad ng Lexus? When I read online reviews they usually rave about the comfort and quality but rant about the infotainment controls.

We are eyeing a Q3 as our first Euro. Medyo matagal pa yon though. Have to make our two scholars graduate from college first. Baka by that time puro EV na
    The current HU of Lexus has a weird mouse-like toggle that operates a cursor on the screen, and yes it's really a pain to use. I had a hard time using it when the car was on a standstill and it was near impossible to use when moving.

It also has a knob (like Mazda's and BMW's) so at least that's useable.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    that Chrysler bought MBNA and it became Daimler Chrysler. When it became part of Chrysler, it's not a purebred anymore. The starting system and the charging system used Nippon Denso, a Toyota company.

They split up already more than a decade ago ...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516