New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    so that makes the Lexus what?

accessible luxury or mass luxury

a "luxury" brand that targets the US middle class

kinda like Coach
    mass luxury or accessible luxury? people who can buy a lexus also has the capability to buy a bmw or mb...
    every LUX brand has its equal entry, mid and high level units...

why? does the RX cost less than an x3??
    it appeals to people in other ways LOL

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    brand perception puts Lexus below European luxury brands even if Lexus products have better quality

if you simply want quality and aren't after brand image, then Lexus is perfect for you

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Again, that is the point, lexus has other appeal to people... Rather than just saying something is nothing just because its unknown... Badge snobbery is funny in some points

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm personally biased towards Mercedes Benz when it comes to high end vehicles. Having grown up with the brand i like seeing how their models age very gracefully; something i would look for in a car usually since we tend to keep cars for a very long time (kahit luma na, its still doesnt look old or past its time).

I mean no offense to Lexus owners but my observation is the character of the brand and design is very attached to Toyota. After ageing the model several years, seeing one on the road is just like seeing an old Camry or Crown; its not yet as distinctive as when you see a Audi, BMW, Merc., or Range Rover. But i agree, Lexus has very good cars no doubt and will run against your top EU brands in terms performance, comfort and luxury delivered; it just lacks the character that the EU brands exude. In the end, it still depends on what the buyer wants and prioritizes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'm personally biased towards Mercedes Benz when it comes to high end vehicles. Having grown up with the brand i like seeing how their models age very gracefully; something i would look for in a car usually since we tend to keep cars for a very long time (kahit luma na, its still doesnt look old or past its time).

I mean no offense to Lexus owners but my observation is the character of the brand and design is very attached to Toyota. After ageing the model several years, seeing one on the road is just like seeing an old Camry or Crown; its not yet as distinctive as when you see a Audi, BMW, Merc., or Range Rover. But i agree, Lexus has very good cars no doubt and will run against your top EU brands in terms performance, comfort and luxury delivered; it just lacks the character that the EU brands exude. In the end, it still depends on what the buyer wants and prioritizes.
    finally a open minded explanation... every lux car maker is great... just depends on what matters to you.. rather than saying something sucks even without even owning one :D

kudos

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Lexus = Expensive Toyota.

Sorry Lexus owners

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ronin car chase

BMW E34

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITS5GkkqgEQ[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    Again, that is the point, lexus has other appeal to people... Rather than just saying something is nothing just because its unknown... Badge snobbery is funny in some points
    I don't think it's a matter of badge snob... more of a brand appeal and image.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    test....................

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Old thread. After 3 years do you guys still think that the lexus is an expensive totota?

LFA anyone

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast