New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How is spending the cash value equivalent of a BMW luxury sedan on a Japanese unknown luxury car be a sensible decision?

If you want a sensible luxury car, buy a top of the line Toyota Camry or a Nissan Teana or Hyundai Sonata.
    do you think people who actually is able to purchase an LS cares that their car is unknown?... recognition of luxury is in yourself..
    that makes the virtue of being humble....

i bought my lexus because i wanted to be different... did you think i cared if its an unknown brand?? thats its also the same price as an mb or bmw??

dibo boding dibodiboding :D
    D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Lexus never became the top selling brand in the US

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Lexus never became the top selling brand in the US
    yes it did... for 8 years...
    except for this year... Mb topped their sales at the beginning of the 1st quarter

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    do you think people who actually is able to purchase an LS cares that their car is unknown?... recognition of luxury is in yourself..
    that makes the virtue of being humble....
    Well, people buy expensive stuff for the prestige of owning expensive stuff. And they want to make it known to people around them that they have such and such stuff.

Makes people feel much better when people say,"wow, nice M5 BMW." ... better than meeting up with your friends and then they would comment, "what overprice japanese car did you buy now?"

i bought my lexus because i wanted to be different... did you think i cared if its an unknown brand?? thats its also the same price as an mb or bmw??

dibo boding dibodiboding :D
    D
    Your money, your decision. But how people around react is they're right as well. So don't blame people if they would also have a "different" opinion on your decision on being different. Buying something just to be "different" is usually the worst kind of decision one can use because the popular choice usually have a good reason why it is popular in the first place.

Nothing personal ... but it's hard not to get personal if you own the car on discussion.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 27th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    yes it did... for 8 years...
    except for this year... Mb topped their sales at the beginning of the 1st quarter
    maybe you are only referring to market share in a subcategory

but Lexus never became the top selling car brand in the US overall

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    maybe you are only referring to market share in a subcategory

but Lexus never became the top selling car brand in the US overall
    top selling "luxury" brand... thats is the point... tons of people buy LEXUS... nuf said...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Lexus is the top-selling (in terms of unit sales) in the US 11 years straight until Toyota got slapped with unintended acceleration lawsuits.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    In the US, Lexus is perceived to be more reliable than MB and BMW. This is the reason why Lexus sells so well even though it looks boring. They can't even serve the demand for the RX line. In the long run, you will have less headaches and maintenance in owning a Lexus.

MB for me is overpriced and the seats aren't that comfortable in our S class. You're paying for the brand image only with MB. I would rather buy a Porsche with the same amount and has better quality. The A8 looks very good inside out so far, but haven't seen any on the roads yet.

I hope Infiniti decides to launch here. I like the FX line more than the RX of Lexus. The upcoming JX is even better since it's a 7 seater.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Lexus is the top-selling (in terms of unit sales) in the US 11 years straight until Toyota got slapped with unintended acceleration lawsuits.
    hehehe every car manufacturer has its "fail" production years ... even the ferrari 458 has complaints that the engine would suddenly burst into flames :D

BTT: just pick the new A6... or 5 series hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tons of people buy LEXUS... nuf said...

so that makes the Lexus what?

accessible luxury or mass luxury

a "luxury" brand that targets the US middle class

kinda like Coach

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast