New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is the IS300 really THAT cramped? I'd thought it is at least of the same space as older midsize sedans (90s size). I really disapprove of the IS300's engine though. Its not thrilling at all, even the late model Accord 3.0V6 makes significantly more power, is really spacious and well kitted, has great handling and is relatively cheap to procure second hand. Lexus really should have brought more engine options including the IS F.
    IS F+ KW Variant 3 coilovers is a winner. My friend who owns an ISF told me he should have listened a looooong time ago. Not all coilovers are made the same so if you can afford an ISF you would no have no problem buying the P120k KW Variant 3.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Too bad that you don't like Volvo... I was able to test drive the S60-T6 last year and the S60-T4 and S60-T5 a couple of weeks ago and they are superb cars if you are in the market for a personal-driven European luxury sedan. The T6 has the power and handling that might rival a Mitsu EVO but with the luxury matching any current BMW 3 series.

The lesser T4 and T5 have less power and a bit less toys than the T6 model but even the lowest T4 with it's 1.6L turbo engine, has more than enough grunt to make anyone smile when you floor the gas pedal.
    Personally, I find the Volvo's design a bit too sport-oriented. It looks nice in a sporty sort of way but I keep thinking that Volvo could've made it look both sporty and luxurious as well.

*TS: Lexus's strength over other luxury brands? I'd say their cars portray the owner as a sensible person who thinks of efficiency and practicality in buying a luxury vehicle instead of just gunning for the ubiquitous Merc or BMW as a statement of their success. And being a Japanese car, a Lexus would most definitely be cheaper to maintain than its European counterparts.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    BMW trip ko dito.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    ^ menyek.

joke
    hehe, joke lang din.

Reliable and an expensive Toyota, yan perception ng nakakakilala pero hindi yan kilala ng siguro 95% ng Pilipino?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    hehe, joke lang din.

Reliable and an expensive Toyota, yan perception ng nakakakilala pero hindi yan kilala ng siguro 95% ng Pilipino?
    ano ang perception ng 95%

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ano ang perception ng 95%
    Ah yan hindi ko alam. Hindi kaya "Saan kaya gawa yan? Baka subic yan, mga converted?"

Honestly I don't know.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ BTW, to the TS IMHO ang mahalaga is yung perception siguro ng 5% kasi sila lang naman makakabili.

Focus on that IMO.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    We were choosing between the 3 plus an Audi for my dad's retirement car specifically ES350, 530D, E350 both are all good cars. Lexus is a little bit bland and kulang sa character. Since the 5 series although good is more of a driver oriented car and when our driver tried out the car nahirapan due to the i-Drive. A6 was also a good alternative good mixture of sportiness and luxury but nagkatalo lang sa pricing. The Benz amongst all was really the most luxurios and their new line of engines are really good.

At this price point/segment practicality is really not an issue. We really didn't consider the km/l since if you can buy a P5M car, di ka na magtitipid sa gas. You just look at the overall customer experience.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    We were choosing between the 3 plus an Audi for my dad's retirement car specifically ES350, 530D, E350 both are all good cars. Lexus is a little bit bland and kulang sa character. Since the 5 series although good is more of a driver oriented car and when our driver tried out the car nahirapan due to the i-Drive. A6 was also a good alternative good mixture of sportiness and luxury but nagkatalo lang sa pricing. The Benz amongst all was really the most luxurios and their new line of engines are really good.

At this price point/segment practicality is really not an issue. We really didn't consider the km/l since if you can buy a P5M car, di ka na magtitipid sa gas. You just look at the overall customer experience.
    so inshort... A6, 5 series ES and "merc" E-class?

id pick the A6 and 5 Series over the ES and E...
    or just throw in an extra 500k and get the A6 XD

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Personaly as a Lexus owner... having a lexus has its Pros...
    Lexus is an almost "unknown" brand here in the phil... that makes lexus a good car for those who prefer to have "low profile" but still enjoy the luxury...

i use my lex as my everyday car... i even use it at our farm... in short bugbog...
    until now wala pa kaming problems na na encounter..

i have to admit na super reliable and sturdy ng Lex ko than most cars ive driven... considering our family has much history with mb audi and bmw

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast