New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Your preferred car brands if you are seriously buying a luxury car?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUDI

7 22.58%
  • BMW

10 32.26%
  • Mercedes Benz

9 29.03%
  • Porsche

3 9.68%
  • Jaguar

2 6.45%
  • Lexus

13 41.94%
  • Land Rover / Ranger Rover

4 12.90%
  • Chrysler

0 0%
  • Chevy

0 0%
  • Ford

1 3.23%
  • Honda

1 3.23%
  • Toyota

1 3.23%
  • Nissan

2 6.45%
  • Mazda

1 3.23%
  • Mitsubishi

1 3.23%
  • Suzuki

1 3.23%
  • Volvo

2 6.45%
  • Hyundai

0 0%
  • Kia

0 0%
  • Isuzu

0 0%
  • Subaru

1 3.23%
  • Other brands not mentioned

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the public does not view Japan brands as luxury brands no matter how hard they try to promote the brands as luxury brands

it's the brands from Europe that the public view as luxury brands

not only cars. think clothes, shoes, bags

even US brands can't compete with brands from Europe when it comes to luxury

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    parang survey to ah. among the three i choose the merc because the cars are just timeless. i guess it comes with getting more mature. i find BMWs to be too youngish (sporty), which is something i don't really look for in a car anymore. you drive to republiq in a BMW. you drive to the golf course in your benz. hehe

lexus kasi parang hilaw pa talaga eh. lexus is a "luxury" car brand that aspires to be european. if you can get the real thing for a reasonable difference in price, eh di might as well get the real deal! you don't buy an automatic seiko if you've made your money and want to flaunt it. you get a rolex.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    good example. Seiko. no matter how much work Seiko puts into making their top-of-the-line watch, it's still a Seiko

it's not a Swiss watch

no matter how reliable Lexus makes their cars, no matter how much hi-tech stuff they put into their cars, it's still a Toyota

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    know how you can create a stand-alone identity for Lexus?

tell people that Lexus has spun off from Toyota

that Lexus will no longer use Toyota platforms

that Lexus will be designing original cars and building cars from scratch

also change the logo. an encircled L will remind buyers of the encircled T

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The problem is even with the example of the LEXUS IS300, with its more powerful engine is such a slow car to drive in the city. It is painfully slow to accelerate from a standing start and it is awfully cramped inside, especially at the back seats.

Ironically, a much more affordable Toyota Corolla would have a lot more cabin space for both the front AND rear passengers.
    Is the IS300 really THAT cramped? I'd thought it is at least of the same space as older midsize sedans (90s size). I really disapprove of the IS300's engine though. Its not thrilling at all, even the late model Accord 3.0V6 makes significantly more power, is really spacious and well kitted, has great handling and is relatively cheap to procure second hand. Lexus really should have brought more engine options including the IS F.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gail.s View Post
    We can't really touch the product/marketing side of the brand. The most we can do for Lexus is promotion. Our thesis is purely advertising based.

But if I may ask, what do you think is the strongest point of Lexus that we can use to advertise the brand?
    Strongest point? In the luxury brands group, Lexus can be considered as a sensible and practical brand offering high level of luxury but still with all the good qualities typically found in a garden variety Toyota. Its target market is, for me, older rich folks with the mindset of Warren Buffet, or rich folks who want a more down to earth but still comfortable car for their more plebeian trips.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the strongest point of Lexus is quality and reliability

Ratings | J.D. Power

Ratings | J.D. Power

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gail.s View Post
    Hi guys! Im an advertising major from DLSU and I'm currently having my thesis regarding Lexus brand. I would just like to ask everybody's opinion on Lexus, and if there are Lexus owners out there would it be possible for us to send our survey to your email? It would really help us in making an advertising campaign for Lexus for our thesis.

Thanks!
    Pics mo muna bago ako mag-comment!

with ID pls....
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ^ menyek.

joke

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What sort of person buys a lexus? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

former mercedes owners
    4 years ago Report Abuse
    Asker's Rating:Asker's Comment:
    Your probably right, it is simply a benz but with a rubbish badge, and it makes no noise, it has no soul. Not a drivers car just a travelers car.....

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast