New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ang toyota yata hindi nagseservice ng grey market units except you pay a fee. mga mukhang pera talaga.
    No such problems with Toyota Quezon Avenue (check other dealers). I drive a Dubai Land Cruiser 80 series.

However the reputation of TQA is not exactly sterling and we only brought the unit in for a complete check up prior to purchase (used unit). Now I just have the services done by my favorite third party shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    As much as the grey markets offer better features for the money, if it were me, I'll just settle for the TMPI unit.

Quality of Toyota has gone down and you'll need the three years standard warranty to have parts replaced and repairs done for free. For our Fortuner, I have had the front headlights, two key fobs, rear door shocks, etc.. all replaced for free. Plus they also did a recall on an engine belt. Sulit yung warranty. Which something you will not get with a grey unit. FYI.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    if given a choice i will get the tmpi unit versus the grey market. i was just looking at the sulit ads and basically grey market importers peg their price to tmpi price. actually, i wonder how come people still entertain grey market when there is no substantial savings..

take the case of the prado, the cheapest prado i see at sulit.com.ph is 2.7 million for a 2.7 gasoline engine with less features than tmpi models. their diesel top if the line model is 3.9 million with all the bells and whistles. i just do not know how generous grey market dealers are with their discounts. but based on the sulit ads, i will stick to tmpi models for sure. warranty pa lang, panalo ka na....

re pajero, grey market offers it at the same price and with more features based on the sulit ads.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Swiveling Aircon: 1 thousand US dollars
    Heated Seats: 300 US dollars
    Peace of Mind: Priceless

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hindi po ba affected ang delivery ng Toyota vehicles like Prado which is CBU from Japan dahil sa earthquake doon?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Mga sir, we're also looking to buy a new Prado 4.0 V6, since masyado mahaba pila sa Explorer. Anyone have an idea about this cost of ownership on this one? (PMS, parts, consumption)

Any alternatives besides the Pajero?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by genesischain View Post
    Mga sir, we're also looking to buy a new Prado 4.0 V6, since masyado mahaba pila sa Explorer. Anyone have an idea about this cost of ownership on this one? (PMS, parts, consumption)

Any alternatives besides the Pajero?
    CX9 - more refined, better material quality, better ride, better handling... faster... but thirsty as heck.

Veracruz - similar to Pajero. Doesn't handle as well, but comes with a fantastic 235 hp 3.0 diesel and lots and lots and lots of toys.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks niky. Medyo narrow talaga ang choices sa segment na to. My dad hates the look of the CX9 and doesn't really care for tech. Anyway looks like were going to have to settle on the prado.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If it's for keeps go with the Prado.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Land Cruiser Prado 4.0 V6 vs. Pajero 3.8 V6