New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lynx for me. i like the 04 version of the Lynx alot.

plus it has the most feature, IMO the interior looks well laid out, adequate room, nice handling and great engine sound.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    lynx then next choice mx... both a/t's will more or less have the same km/liter. the mx though may be cheaper to maintain in the long run due to parts availability (shares parts from '96 up lancers).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're looking at ATs (sorry took so long to reply!), then I'd try looking at an 01 Toyota Altis... very good fuel economy for an AT.

The MX has better transmission and possibly better fuel economy than the Ford, but it's an expensive transmission to fix if anything goes wrong, as there's a separate computer box for the tranny. It's not especially delicate, but it's expensive. My cousin paid 150k before to replace all three computer boxes after a flood (the Lynx only has one... 40k or so). It's an okay car, just don't drive it through a few feet of water...

I don't really recommend any Mazda/Ford automatics. They have a "reputation". Some people never experience a tranny failure (they're not common), but it's always best to be sure, especially if you're buying secondhand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer MX '02, Lancer GLS '03 or Ford Lynx '04?