New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    diba pasok na rin ang ae101 and eg civic sa 160t na budget?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    diba pasok na rin ang ae101 and eg civic sa 160t na budget?
    Yup, you can buy early models of these cars at that range, but let's stick to the buyer's choices.

Personally, I like the Lancer better. For me, it looks meaner and I think it uses less fuel than the Sentra. What I don't like about it though is that it's not quite as quick as the other 1.6 cars in stock form. But as always, the Nissan is what your wallet will want. You get a younger car at the same price as its top rivals. The DOHC engine is willing. Acceleration can almost equal a Corolla or Civic, but I'm not sure if it can get past 180 km/h. And features galore makes this car worth considering. Its only major downside is subpar interior quality. My friend's 95 Series 3 already has detached sun visors, and the dashboard is more Korean than Japanese.

If you're leaning towards the Sentra, I hope you chance upon the GT-S model, which is more like the ST's successor. No need to buy additional kits.
    :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Its only major downside is subpar interior quality. My friend's 95 Series 3 already has detached sun visors, and the dashboard is more Korean than Japanese
    That seems more like a matter related to how your friend may be taking care of his car. We've owned two of those models and still have an even older one in our garage being used as a daily rundabout and nothing is wrong with the interior nor it's quality (despite being parked under the sun during the day).

The GLX Lancer looks great when fixed up (love the Euro versions); problems on both cars will be that typical to any ageing EFI, usually with the idling (check the servos, MAF, etc.). Suspension parts are okay but i generally noticed more kalampag with the Mitsu suspensions and some glitches with it's electicals. On the power side, the Sentra has an edge (this is not a biased opinion on a stock-to-stock engine).

At the end of the day, try them out, take your time and look around before decidinig. Maraming choices out there.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hindi pa ba pasok sa budget niya yung lancer na pizza?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i'd say go for sentra! yun lang..nasabi na nila eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancer po...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    Yup, you can buy early models of these cars at that range, but let's stick to the buyer's choices.

Personally, I like the Lancer better. For me, it looks meaner and I think it uses less fuel than the Sentra. What I don't like about it though is that it's not quite as quick as the other 1.6 cars in stock form. But as always, the Nissan is what your wallet will want. You get a younger car at the same price as its top rivals. The DOHC engine is willing. Acceleration can almost equal a Corolla or Civic, but I'm not sure if it can get past 180 km/h. And features galore makes this car worth considering. Its only major downside is subpar interior quality. My friend's 95 Series 3 already has detached sun visors, and the dashboard is more Korean than Japanese.

If you're leaning towards the Sentra, I hope you chance upon the GT-S model, which is more like the ST's successor. No need to buy additional kits.
    :D
    Bro Squal, Lancer's resale value is at par if not even lower than a Sentra...a relative is involved in buy n' sell buss. kc, actually thats how we disposed of our GLXI years ago, "best" price was lower than most sentra in my relative's shop.. Acceleration, yep it's known that in d 90's sentras r 1 of the better cars in terms of acceleration as compared to other rivals such as corollas, lalo na lancer.. I curr. use a nice GLI rolla n' ECCS sen kc in everyday driving, I feel it's better accel. b4 nahihiram ko lancer until binenta.. missed d car. And by d way It's a fact that most jap cars r restricted to 180km/hr or 112 mph lalo na pag 1.6. Pero when u tune ur car or driving fast on a dowhill every 1.6 are capable of exceeding 180km/hr. ;)
    Pro bottom line its up 2 d owner, and I reiterate both r great. GTS best choice pro price range would be in a diff. bracket na.. yung Super Touring mas lapit pa sa orig. price range choice mo of that includes GLXI n' SE Saloon.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga boss clarification lang po,
    un po bang super touring ay upgraded na ss series3
    at ung GTS ay upgraded ss series 4?
    or different models talaga sila?

pls correct me if im wrong
    thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, aesthetic upgrades... same platform and engine/suspension specs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
lancer itlog or nissan ss series3