New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Some non-tuners don't realize the weak point of Honda D and B series engine in the low rpm (idle to 3000 rpm) range.

The B16A only gets the 160 hp using the dual VTEC (variable valve timing on intake and exhaust valves) on the higher VTEC ranges (read: redline).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but over the years I've learned that some engines are tuned for torque in the entire rpm range while others try to stretch out more HP figures by compromising low-end torque.

Horsepower doesn't always matter most over torque.

The reason why B16A owners want pluses when gauged against B20s (or any higher displacement engine) is because it takes them more time to get to those 160 horses, whereas the B20s can get to their full 140hp at a much, much lower time, thanks to more "usable" torque.

*shredingman123: Madami ding nagmo-mod ng Lancer at Corolla. Go to their respective same-model clubs to find out.

Last edited by isa1023; May 2nd, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    sorry for the super later reply. It was a nice read for the 1st couple of pages. Then once again it turned to a GH fan page. Again, sorry for the late reply. I'm in the market kasi of a pre-loved gt-a or 2.0S. Eh ito ang lumabas after googling it Ü. Cheers.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    So ang kalaban nito sa Toyota eh yung 3SGTE.

3SGTE: (various year models)
    power: 182hp to 256hp * 6000/6200 rpm

While ang counterpart naman ng SR20DET sa Honda is yung K20a

K20a: (various year models)
    power: 160hp to 260hp * 4000-7000rpm

Tama ba ?
    OT:
    The 3SGTE didn't compete with the k20 variants. The Yamaha/Toyota built 2zz-ge found in: Matrix XRS, Corolla XRS, Celica GTS, Lotus Elise and Exige models took up the slack. 2zz-ge were designed to go up against the B18 Integra Type R in the U.S. and Japanese market. But have proven themselves vs the K20 variants...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BE36 View Post
    sorry for the super later reply. It was a nice read for the 1st couple of pages. Then once again it turned to a GH fan page. Again, sorry for the late reply. I'm in the market kasi of a pre-loved gt-a or 2.0S. Eh ito ang lumabas after googling it Ü. Cheers.

No apologies offered... that is just how some threads turn out. hehehe.

So what is your preferences in either car?... Do you plan to do some aftermarket mods with the car or simply keep the car stock?

Or have you already bought the car?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 26th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Post pics too and any aftermarket plans?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Lancer GT-A or 2.0S Honda Civic