New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir jigs, so what did you end up getting? I like the interior of the elantra but yun exterior parang nakakasawa esp the tail lights..

About the color kaya?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronb View Post
    Sir jigs, so what did you end up getting? I like the interior of the elantra but yun exterior parang nakakasawa esp the tail lights..

About the color kaya?

Well, I got this and I'm verrrrrrry happy with it This is my 2nd car. I have to let go of the first (which is by the way a Honda) for practical reasons.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Id go for the civic. I like 1.8L trims. Its a good balance of power and FC. But id get it if and only if its with modulo kits. Imo, with the kits it looks real good. The 1.6 lancers need to be dressed up pa to look good just like the civics. Pero if its the gta model it looks good already.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the new 1.6L Focus? How well does it stack up against the 3 Japanese compacts?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Id go for the civic. I like 1.8L trims. Its a good balance of power and FC. But id get it if and only if its with modulo kits. Imo, with the kits it looks real good. The 1.6 lancers need to be dressed up pa to look good just like the civics. Pero if its the gta model it looks good already.
    Pero etong si Mike binenta niya Civic niya tapos bumili ng Lancer EX na bago hehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In terms of power and performance amongst 1.6s, the Elantra is tops. Light body, good transmission, good engine, good handling. And it has a LOT of space and a good ride. The only complaints you can lay against the Elantra are a lack of sound insulation and a simple stereo set-up on the 1.6.

It's faster than the Civic 1.8, actually. The FB is no longer the same light, sporty car the FD Civic was. It's more refined, but it's slower, stodgier and handles less keenly.

The Lancer is great with the manual and acceptable with the CVT. With the CVT, it's only slightly slower than the Civic, despite having lots less power on paper. It drives well, is light and is well-loaded in MX trim. Feels less refined than most and the trunk is pathetic for the size, but it is a very good value.

The Focus has everything but the kitchen sink. Nothing in this class can approach the unflappable refinement of the Focus. The Civic might be the closest, but it's not much of a contest. But as ever, the dual clutch is a handicap in terms of smoothness, and that 1.6 liter engine just isn't a match for the body weight. The Focus scoots decently off the lne thanks to the dual clutch, but overtaking oomph is severely lacking.

The Altis is always a decent choice, and the ride and refinement are okay, but except for the fuel economy, it doesn't really do anything exceptionally well. Besides, the Elantra and Lancer are also very light cars with good 1.6s. Economy isn't a big variable between those three.

The Civic is a good all around package, quiet, refined, roomy, good looking... but it's no longer the sportster it was. Dull, slow steering. Very laggy throttle response. A nice, roomy car for commuters, but if you want excitement, look elsewhere.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wala bang knocking issue yung 1.6 Gamma engine ng Elantra? Is it sensitive to fuel octane rating, just like its 1.4 version?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    Pero etong si Mike binenta niya Civic niya tapos bumili ng Lancer EX na bago hehehe
    True. Hehe. You wont go wrong with either the civic or the lancer. Eliminate mo na yung altis. Its a good car pero since you wanna dress it up. The civic or the lancer is the way to go.

Hindi na nga pala CVT yung 1.6. Imo, its a good thing unless naperfect na yung technology dun. We had a cedia and i think it was a CVT and it failed. We sold it because of that.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    In terms of power and performance amongst 1.6s, the Elantra is tops. Light body, good transmission, good engine, good handling. And it has a LOT of space and a good ride. The only complaints you can lay against the Elantra are a lack of sound insulation and a simple stereo set-up on the 1.6.

It's faster than the Civic 1.8, actually. The FB is no longer the same light, sporty car the FD Civic was. It's more refined, but it's slower, stodgier and handles less keenly.

The Lancer is great with the manual and acceptable with the CVT. With the CVT, it's only slightly slower than the Civic, despite having lots less power on paper. It drives well, is light and is well-loaded in MX trim. Feels less refined than most and the trunk is pathetic for the size, but it is a very good value.

The Focus has everything but the kitchen sink. Nothing in this class can approach the unflappable refinement of the Focus. The Civic might be the closest, but it's not much of a contest. But as ever, the dual clutch is a handicap in terms of smoothness, and that 1.6 liter engine just isn't a match for the body weight. The Focus scoots decently off the lne thanks to the dual clutch, but overtaking oomph is severely lacking.

The Altis is always a decent choice, and the ride and refinement are okay, but except for the fuel economy, it doesn't really do anything exceptionally well. Besides, the Elantra and Lancer are also very light cars with good 1.6s. Economy isn't a big variable between those three.

The Civic is a good all around package, quiet, refined, roomy, good looking... but it's no longer the sportster it was. Dull, slow steering. Very laggy throttle response. A nice, roomy car for commuters, but if you want excitement, look elsewhere.
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Now I think I'll get the civic. I'm in my early 30s and mabagal na ko mag drive di katulad nung mas bata bata pa ako. I just want a comfortable ride na maganda tingnan sa labas. I agree that the modulo kit does greatly improve yung looks ng civic. This was actually my first choice and I think I'll stick with it. I think I'll get a white 1.8e modulo special edition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12