New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M1911-A1 View Post
    my present ride is 98 pajero 2.5 alternate with 2006 patrol 3.0. I have no car.

dudes/sir slamat sa reply, visit this site again for info before i decide which car to acquire.

to m54 ok c u * AFO no problema
    Sama ako dyan sa AFO.

Seriously now, if you're always with a driver don't get the EVO IX. This is a driver's car. You drive it for the adrenalin rush. Provincial trips? Get a touring car like the Accord or new Camry.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M1911-A1 View Post
    Sorry mga dudes/sir for no reply, get busy this day for practical shooting competion at malaysia. Im not a fancier of car, (im a gun fanatic), i am not an expert in car specification and comparison, thats why i am asking for little fedback, most of the time im driivng in highway and long provincial trip, most of the competetions are held at province (but now gun ban, d na maka sponsor politician and reelecting congressman, ha ha libre pa bala and meron pa take home), very rare drive in manila (dudes im not a manila boy), nor drive in heavy traffic conditions thats why i am considering a car like evo or civic 2 ltr.

im always seeing a honda civic car- it always speeds up in highway, the car seems fast, however in my whole life i only saw an evo, a red one, displayed in a car show, that is in my whole life, d ko nga lng mahipo even its dust.
    If you do a lot of provincial driving, you might want to consider the Civic. It'll be much more comfortable (softer suspension, smaller wheels with thicker tires) and will get you further on one tank of gas (Baguio and back in the Evo is most likely a full-tank-and-a-half affair, depending on how you drive). It'll still hit over 200 km/h and will be nice on the highway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Evo 9 tol. but there is a new EXO 10. hanip ang design ng evo 10. civic horespower is 160 evo has289 horesepowers is fun to drive.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    fuel consumption: civic
    all else: evo

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i agree with eismann +1 sa iyo bro...

pero if money is not a problem in purchasing a car between the 2. EVO

i just cant imagine you sir, going on a target shooting competition driving an EVO...

chick magnet... tsk tsk :drool:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i agree with eismann +1 sa iyo bro...

pero if money is not a problem in purchasing a car between the 2. EVO

i just cant imagine you sir, going on a target shooting competition driving an EVO...

chick magnet... tsk tsk :drool:
    I can imagine that:

"Sorry, pare... di ako puwede ngayon... ang sakit ng katawan ko!"

Hmmm... for less money than the Evo, an Accord V6 or Camry V6 will provide decent highway fun, and will be much easier to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want the ultimate highway weapon... mag Forester XT ka na lang.

Its 0-100kph time is just a second off the Evo. :shocked2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I can imagine that:

"Sorry, pare... di ako puwede ngayon... ang sakit ng katawan ko!"

Hmmm... for less money than the Evo, an Accord V6 or Camry V6 will provide decent highway fun, and will be much easier to drive.
    Same reaction from a friend. He used to drive an Evo, it was a 7 i think, on a daily basis. It was fun, but his left leg would be really tired afterward. Tigas nga daw ng clutch. Hehehe! If you don't want that feeling, consider the other proposed options ;)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    What the?! compare on buying a civic 2.0 (kahit Si pa yan) or a evoIX?!... they r not even playmates!.. usually the civic plays around with d rolla, sen, and reg. lancer.. and the evo plays with his nemesis the sti all d time! Since u have enuf "seeds" I pressume, ryt?.. then, y not consider the STI as one of ur options instead, or even the 2006 tuner car of the year in west the 350Z, medyo pricey nga lang compared to both evo and sti.

Bro, when u have 1 of these babies, d evo, sti, or the d Z (jap sportscar sold locally in limited units), u automatically belong to an "exclusive group", 2gether w/ the likes of Gretchen Barretto and her white 350Z.. ;) tsaka many of us owns and drives a civic, sentra, camrys, etc. and only dream on owning an evo, since now u can own 1, y not take the chance dba?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    I've done a road test on a formerly RHD EVO XII...it was not bad despite the obvious conversion issues but asking is 1.5M petot...maybe you could compare your brand new Civic 2.0 to this one.

But just the same...there's no point comparing.
    Evo 12? Ok ka ha!.

I'm thinking the thread starter thought that since both cars are 2.0, and that Lancer and Civic are generally rivals, these two cars are competitors.

I myself would own an Evo if it proves city friendly, as in easy to drive and with an engine that could be tamed to sip fuel with a light foot. The Evo 9 has MIVEC already, and Mitsu promised a 1-mpg improvement.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
lancer evo IX or Civic 2.0