New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I've drove both the Altis 2.0 and Lancer 2.0 before.

Even though Lancer looked fast on paper but somehow, it didn't feel fast at all although handling was definitely better than a Corolla. However, performance is definitely nowhere near an Evo. Interior quality is a big upgrade from the previous version but trunk space seems small.

The Corolla may be the "boring" choice but for everyday driving, it feels much more comfortable and luxurious. External looks is also quite nice as its not too sporty and trendy looking.

Lancer GTA is also much more expensive nowadays so I choose the Corolla.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Maraming salamat sa mga advise.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reloaded_acer View Post
    definitely altis. just look around the metro kun ilan ratio ng altis vs lancer. altis if you want a car to serve you many long years not just the car itself also the casa, that's reliability yun tipong gusto mo na palitan okay pa din.

i guess, i've seen more new lancers than new altises on the road.

reliability, i guess, they are at par now.

i guess the answer would depend on the TS. try to test drive both units to see what fits you best.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Having previously owned a '95 Lancer GLXI and an '02 Altis J A/T, I'd say go for the Altis, my previous Lancer was full of sh*t, the suspension was really crappy and the A/T tranny vibrates annoyingly, I'd have to say that my old '91 Sentra 1.6 SGX was much better than the Lancer, to think that the Sentra Series 1 or box-type didn't really had a good reputation. The Altis on the other hand was trouble free till the day I sold it.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Altis na, bullet proof pala e

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Altis na, bullet proof pala e
    ser oliver! ayaw mo talagang dumami kayo ha!?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe di naman..Ika nga ng Nissan, quality is the best luxury...E matindi quality ng toyota so its the best choice Ang gulo na may nissan pa tuloy

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    From my observation nowadays mas marami 2.0 lancer EX compared to 2.0 Altis. Nagkalat naman 1.6 Altis hehe.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Why compare between 2 cars (Lancer itlog and Lancer EX) which are more than 10 years apart? And why even compare Altis 02 to Lancer 95, Mitsubishi has gone leaps and bounds since then. Dont get me wrong and i agree on most part of what u said, we have a Lancer 94 GLXi and i admit the A/T was troublesome and had to replace with a surplus one.
    But comparing it to a much newer car, it doesn't give justice to the newer one.

My Vote goes to Lancer EX, new on everything! designs, engine, suspension.

the Altis 09 and 02, in my view is the same, Same engine (i think its the still VVTi), same stance, almost same design with previous. One thing new is the 5-spoke wheel. People generally buy this for Toyota reliability and availibility. Which i must is very true..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer 2009 vs. Altis 2009