New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Paumanhin lang po...I may have to expound my statements above...I surmised that the threadstarter will not be using this as a family car but rather as a commercial people hauler...Otherwise, the Starex would perhaps be in the consideration. If not, the old Hiace and Urvan are a much more appealing choices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the TS may want to get those that commands the less expense; hence, the above 3 choices.

Process of elimination lang ginawa ko...the Kia Pregio is actually the most acceptable among the three.
    The L300 versa van (which can still be bought for less than P800,000 brand new) can also be considered but the vehicle is plagued by poor design particularly the auxiliary fan, radiator and airconditioning unit which frequently bogged down. We have one brought way back 1996. Remedies have to be made in these areas mentioned.

On the other hand, most of the Hyundai Grace units available in the second-hand market have so many defects that needs to be address right away given that the make and model is somewhat aged (i.e. 15-20 years old na)... A typical case is what russpogi had just enumerated. Semi-dilapidated may perhaps be a much more offensive term to use. The point is maraming aayusin and the TS may not have the appetite to shell out for more---people courier or shuttle service lang naman, ika nga.

Granting that it is normal SOP to have such vehicle makeover upon purchase....there may be parts and trim issues to deal with which can lose your appetite in owning one. Ungainly (pardon the pun). That's the reason why the Hyundai Grace is the LEAST of the above choices. Well, at least for me....

Peace.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    while i'm not knowledgeable about it...the only thing i remember about the pregio is that it was the cheapest van at the time it was still being sold...under 800k while other brands were already at the 1m range

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Granting that it is normal SOP to have such vehicle makeover upon purchase....there may be parts and trim issues to deal with which can lose your appetite in owning one. Ungainly (pardon the pun). That's the reason why the Hyundai Grace is the LEAST of the above choices. Well, at least for me....

Peace.
    +1 on this.

Peace!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
L300, Pregio, or Hyundai Grace?