New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    clarif lang: is Kia Philippines still selling the Pregio?

have you considered the hyundai porter?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    nasa pag alaga lang yan ng sasakyan at tyempuhan din lalo na kung 2nd hand.. l3, pregio or grace? sa tingin ko wala namang pangit sa mng yan saka depende na rin sa budget dba? at least may pambili.. dati L300 van ko, ok naman sya, nbenta ko lng dhil knapos ako pangdown sa urvan ko, pero ayoko talaga sya ibenta dhil mtibay.. ok din ang korean vans, like now 2 ang korean ko, mb and grx crdi.. saka wag natin pintasan ang iba, kanya kanyang taste lang yan, may maganda sa paningin nila, meron din naman hindi.. peace!!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    clarif lang: is Kia Philippines still selling the Pregio?

have you considered the hyundai porter?

sir ala na atng bnew pregio ngayon.. hyundai porter, hyundai grace ang ulo, fb body.. i think mas malaki ng konti sa L300fb, pero maliit ng konti sa kia k2700.. mukhang ok naman ang porter..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    esnie dami talaga mayabang sa pilipinas hahahaha
    Agree ako sa iyo Aga... ganyan talaga dito sa pinas daming bulok ang utak.... kaya nga hindi ako bilib sa mga naka luxury cars kasi ang iba dun bulok ang utak.... hindi purkit naka japanese or european cars sila ay crap na ang gawa ng korea ang hindi nila alam na ang nilalait nila ay isang malaking treat sa kanila, lalo pa ngayon na mas gumaganda ang technology ng Kia at hyundai... kaya kay Tidus EAT MY DUST! walang pikunan trabaho lang at sa experience ko sa pregio ko malayong malayo sa sinasabi mo... siguro walang crap na sasakyan kung inaalagaan at tama ang pagmaintenance kahit anung brand pa yan, pero ang bulok na utak madaming ganyan kahit alagaan o gamutin ganun pa din yun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_sp View Post
    sir ala na atng bnew pregio ngayon.. hyundai porter, hyundai grace ang ulo, fb body.. i think mas malaki ng konti sa L300fb, pero maliit ng konti sa kia k2700.. mukhang ok naman ang porter..
    baka nagkaubusan ng unit ng bagong pregio na facelifted, medyo maganda na din kasi ang feed back sa pregio na face lifted. last month may nakita pa ako sa kia mandaluyong.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    in fairness naman. the earlier generation of korean vans DO suck hehehe but we cant say that for the current gen since they are actually and sometimes surpassing the japanese when it came to quality and reliability. i bought a bnew hyundai. something i would never do 5 years ago. but seeing that they have improved a lot,the its time to try
    the china cars are in that situation now. wait for 20 years and they will be producing something worth the respect of enlightented motorists...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    agree ako dyan sir pitbullz.. kaya nga napabili din ako ng korean brand eh.. dati hate ko din mga korean brand, sbi ko dati never ako bibili ng gawa nila, pero kinain ko yung sinabi ko at bumili pko korean brand.. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Second hand ata ang usapan eh. I'd take a nice locally sold Hyundai H-100 not the Grace. Local Grace were sold 92-94 only, after that it was the H-100. It looks better in and out and feels more solid than the grey market imports. Parts are also shared with L300 but has a more powerful 2.6L engine, better AC (even than the Grace imports), multi config seats. I have two neighbors who had that before and both replaced their H-100s with a Starex. Because they are totally sold to the performance and reliability of their H-100s.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Of the 3, just don't get the Hyundai Grace. Build quality left a lot to be desired.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Of the 3, just don't get the Hyundai Grace. Build quality left a lot to be desired.
    Says who? The only reason why most of the Hyundai Grace are crappy is because most of the owners can't afford so they just have to do with the van as is how they got it. Remember that the (imported, square-lights) Grace is almost 15 years old (at least) when it landed here in the Philippines so I cannot agree with your opinion of its inferior build quality.

And yes, I own one (manufactured 1990, acquired 2002 from Subic). The van was crappy as hell as it was used as a hotel service vehicle for a ski resort (as indicated by the markings on the side). It has no a/c (but had heater since it's used in winter environment), paint sucks and the brakes are weak. To make it brief, we fixed what needs to be fixed, had a/c installed and put tint on it. These are the normal SOP when acquire ANY second hand vehicle.

Now, the van is 18 years old (debut!) and still serves us faithfully, especially now that fuel is expensive but since we keep the van in shape, it still gives me very decent FC, plus I can carry up to 14 passengers at the same time, same FC (very useful for going out with family or friends).

For the TS, since the criteria is the best price and specs, Kia Pregio and Hyundai Grace are good options. I can't say anything about the Pregio since I haven't owned one (yet) but between the L-300 and Grace, hands down to the Grace.

HTH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
L300, Pregio, or Hyundai Grace?