New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with the APV is really fuel economy... with the automatic. The manual transmission isn't great, but it won't burn a gigantic hole in your wallet. Running cost difference to the L300 should be little more beyond the price difference between gas and diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem with the APV is really fuel economy... with the automatic. The manual transmission isn't great, but it won't burn a gigantic hole in your wallet. Running cost difference to the L300 should be little more beyond the price difference between gas and diesel.
    yes but that's with the full size van, but since we are talking about the drop side pick up, maybe it would consume much more less(just maybe) and all the data comes from the full size van which is significantly heavier than the dropside version... so i guess with modesty the drop side can reach 10-12 km per litter

that drop side is way cheap for 400k

yes surprisingly suzuki is one tough vehicle, check those extended carry models plying moa and pasay(and the successor is the apv), i thought their engine was changed but it was not, it still has the original suzuki engine(imagine hauling 10-12 people)... heck i've even seen a suzuki carry hauling 10 sacks of rice on the highway at speeds(mindanao)

vs. the l300 pag mausok- change nozzle tip and this cost about 2k per piece and you will need to change 8(change it everytime na mausok na, learned this from our trooper)

maintainance is about the same(myths about the diesel costing more is not true save for the fact it has a larger capacity for engine oil hence the diferrence save again for the nozzle tips)

forgot to add mas madali ang calim ng warranty sa suzuki- sakin kahit pintura na claim ko for warranty and that was just me and my silly quirk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    we have an APV as a service vehicle in my previous work. the thing runs great. sinasakyan namin ng generator dati. but maintenance-wise parang mas mahal. shock absorbers cost 7000 each and there are no replacement brands daw.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    we have an APV as a service vehicle in my previous work. the thing runs great. sinasakyan namin ng generator dati. but maintenance-wise parang mas mahal. shock absorbers cost 7000 each and there are no replacement brands daw.

the apv 1 and the drop side version doesn't use shock, it uses molye like those found on the pick up,(hence bumpy ride and birth of the apv 2) hence it can carry more load

kyb has an after market shock for the apv2 costing 1,600 php gas type(club suzuki forum it pays to join such groups) but never changed shock as of yet... in any of our vehicle

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The APV dropside is shorter. I think its about 7 feet long by 5 feet wide. The L300 is 8ft x 5ft. The L300 exceed (longer version) is 9ft x 5ft.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    A cousin drives a Suzuki, forgot what it's called but its 3 door and large cabin at the back with a removable plastic roof. Its been with him for years, says its easier to maintain but availability of spare parts can be a problem. So his mechanic resorts to swapping parts with fellow japanese brands.

I would easily choose the l300 but if its 200k difference, then I might double check. Safe to say you may want to read on forums with Suzuki owners to get a better idea.

The only thing is, should your water business grow, the space and the fuel economy of the L300 may be a payoff in the long run.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
L300 dropside vs. Suzuki Apv Carry Dropside