New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sell both, assuming you can sell both for a total of 350k. You can buy a small car for 50% DP already. Yun nga lang magsasabay bayad sa Altis and the new small car kung sakaling ififinance both.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the insights.
    gaya nga ng sinabi ko, i can only sell one..... can't afford to get another one na merong financing din.
    talked to commander last night, she is quite in agreement to keep the getz.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I say, sell the Lovelife. It's already old. Parang nakakatamad din ang maglilinis ng carb regularly. Kahit sabihing matipid siya. Besides, you're looking to get a newer Corolla too.

You've had a lot of work done on the Getz, so you might as well keep it. Since it's had an engine swap, you may also have a harder time selling it. Baka malugi ka pa ng malaki. Why do you think the compressor is gonna fail soon? Has it been exhibiting signs of ailing health? The youngest car we have that's had it's compressor replaced is the 2006 Tribute (replaced last year), followed by the 2001 Revo (also last year). I think it still has at least a few years left, and surplus compressors aren't very expensive.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    nope.... wala pa namang signs that the compressor is failing..... yun na lang kasi ang di ko napapalitan..... hehehehehehe....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- suggest ko lang ulit,- instead of purchasing an Altis,- why not purchase a vehicle with a higher drive height? If the difference is P100K, for example,- you will only add P50K because of your 50-50 scheme.

Also, if you compare the footprint of the 2011 Altis vs. the Innova, Tucson, Sportage, Escape, Rav4 of the same vintage,- pareho lang... Plus the latter options give you much more flexibility.

I am certain that your Kumander will better appreciate the higher drive height and the visibility, freedom and arguably, safety that it offers.

Bro,- pasensiya na at makulit ako....

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.6K:hiya2:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    thanks for the insights.
    gaya nga ng sinabi ko, i can only sell one..... can't afford to get another one na merong financing din.
    What they say do have some merit, however. You sell both, and with the combined value of the two cars (without adding any more), you get a newer 2nd hand unit, with lesser mileage, that you would be more contented with. Perhaps a Vios or an Accent CRDi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GTi; July 8th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    thanks for the insights.
    hmm. . .keep all cars and dispose of the wife. joke lang po.
    Sell the old Corolla that you retain 3 different size cars.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would sell the Getz now before it loses more value. Toyota resale value goes down slower.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Let destiny decide, sell both in Sulit, kung sino unang mabibili, yun na yon.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    If it is me, id keep the corolla,
    Less power amenities == less headache,

Im pretty confident that the 2e engine can outlive your getz' electrical components,
    Pang back up car nyo lang naman eh.

Goodluck and congrats sa bagong dalawang rides. Hehe.
    Last edited by 7138; July 14th, 2014 at 11:41 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Sell the Corolla since you will get a better value out of it betting its a Toyota. Also as you mentioned you have invested sa Getz. So might as well keep your moneys worth since what you save on fuel can be placed for maintenance assuming the Getz has a higher maintenance cost. Also a smaller car maybe more easier to drive for your wife. At least you have variety in your garage. I seldom see 2nd Hand Getz for sale so people do keep them longer. But thats just my observation only.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast