New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi, I'm planning to buy a 7 seater SUV, which do you think is the best?
    in terms of Safety, Comfort, Fuel efficiency and price.
    I am considering 4x2 Automatic
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bensy View Post
    Thanks.
    malakas daw sa gas/diesel ang trailblazer at everest..
    ayon sa nabasa ko dito s forum
    siguro kung ako fortuner nalang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I prefer the Everest.

It being replaced next year? Sure.

Papalitan na din naman ang Fortuner sooner or later. 8 years na sya sa market. The current Everest is just 6 years since 2007 (pre-facelift) and I like the fact that it has 5 speed AT (vs 4AT of the Fortuner), 18" wheels, side swinging hatch and rear door mounted spare. Very practical. Plus it is heavily discounted.

But to each his own.

Goodluck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang ang rear door mounted spare sa lalaki, sa babae hindi. It is easier to lower and raise the bottom mounted spare kasi, just turn the nut and it lowers and raises. That is one consideration i look at since my wife also drives. Laki pa naman ng gulong ng suv.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    i prefer a rear door mounted spare tire. i dont like spending more time than necessary on the ground specially if its wet from the rain. taxi cab drivers are usually willing help any damsel in distress change a spare tire. just fork over P200 pang snacks which he'll happily receive. also a good air pump saves a heap of trouble for those small punctures that takes hours to deflate.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    the new 2014 Trailblazer 4x2 6 speed auto looks very competitive. And it has the most horsepower 200hp and torque 500NM in its class. I have the pre-updated LTZ version and I am very happy with its power. The newer model should be much better!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post
    malakas daw sa gas/diesel ang trailblazer at everest..
    ayon sa nabasa ko dito s forum
    siguro kung ako fortuner nalang
    I own a Chevy Trailblazer and I don't agree na malakas siya sa diesel. Sure, it's not as frugal as a Jazz or a Vios but what would you expect from a 2.5/2.8 liter engine. My economy varies between 7 and 10 km / liter. Purely city-driven with Ortigas ext/C5/Makati rush hour traffic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bensy View Post
    Thanks.
    Safety: Tie
    Comfort: Trailblazer
    Fuel Efficiency: no comment. I'm not sure what the economy is for the Everest and Fortuner.
    Price: Mura si Everest. But same with EQAddict's comment the Trailblazer's 2.8 LT a/t variant is really a bargain given the hp/torque you are getting.

Why don't you have the Montero Sport in your list? There's also the up and coming Isuzu Alterra.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    trailblazer, if i have the cash now. kukunti lang and there's a feeling of exclusivity. the looks ain't really that bad as some had commented. the main thing for me is the ability to tweak the engine.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    all of your choices are good. Test drive ka nalang muna then tell us what you think of with each vehicle. That's a better start.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi......
    Welcome to this site, I don't have sufficient knowledge about your query.
    You have to consult with an expert in this field . If you want to take some other information related to this topic you can visit respective sites.
    -------------------
    ATI RADEON HD 5670 – SERIES GRAPHICS CARDS FROM AMD

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Kindly advice: Foruner, Trailblazer or Everest?