New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    You are now a family man, maybe its about time that you get used to driving bigger cars. Think of the better comfort it brings to your precious passengers. Test drive one and discover that driving it is not that different.
    I agree with you as I have to put the safety of my passengers ahead of myself. However, just to add, at 1.22M it's already beyond my budget.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    While it is true that diesel engines are noisier than gasoline engines, once you are inside the difference is insignificant.
    The advantages of a diesel engine far outweighs this minor disadvantage. This is the reason why diesel powered cars are relatively more expensive. The maintenance cost difference is not that significant.
    Should I consider diesel in the future, I would have allocate extra budget & time just for the maintenance. But I have to admit, the savings you get vs. gasoline price is very tempting.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    how much discount now for these models?
    100k for Sportage & 70k for Tucson

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    For some reason, i feel the kias drive better. Haven't driven the tucson with the Nu engine though. The theta is pretty decent. Test drive both, they actually feel different even if they are practically twins.
    I haven't driven nor riden any of them. A test drive would definitely be a necessity for me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why do i like diesel? ...bahain samen... for whatever real or perceived advantage the diesel has against floods..
    Pardon my ignorance, could you please expound this statement? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by outbite View Post
    I drive a montero daily by myself. I would say that the fuel economy is nice - and once you get used to the size you wouldn't mind anymore.
    If only a Monty would fit my budget, I would've short-listed it already. Although tbh I've never test-driven one, hence the perception of difficult to drive.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    This applies to diesel engines that do not require computer boxes. Once it runs, it does not require electricity. That's why it does not have spark plugs unlike gasoline engines. When fording a flood, gasoline engines often stall because the electricity does not go to the spark plugs when the electrical parts and wires get wet.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    This applies to diesel engines that do not require computer boxes. Once it runs, it does not require electricity. That's why it does not have spark plugs unlike gasoline engines. When fording a flood, gasoline engines often stall because the electricity does not go to the spark plugs when the electrical parts and wires get wet.
    Thank you for the clarification!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Should I consider diesel in the future, I would have allocate extra budget & time just for the maintenance. But I have to admit, the savings you get vs. gasoline price is very tempting.
    what makes you think that po?
    my diesel has next-to-nothing (o sige.. nothing) maintenance.. and it's almost 100K on the odo..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

there is this perception, that diesel engines are more water-resistant than gas engines.
    with floodwaters knocking on my door, i was able to drive my diesel home during ondoy..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast