New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    A big SUV like that would not handle as well as a CUV, sa corners pa lang much stable ang pakiramdam nung CUV, while the SUV drives like a truck. And besides the big SUVs are heavier, you would have to pull that weight all the time driving in the metro. And the diesel engines they have are so decade ago, noisy and inefficient compared to the modern diesels.
    Noted on your points above. Also, I'm not sure if it's advisable for me to use the Monty as a daily-driver, unless it's for flood-fording purposes. But then again I may be missing on something that could change the way I think.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The tucson has the nu 2.0 engine. The kia uses the old theta 2.0
    Tucson has drl lights with adjustable projection lamps.
    Tucson has bigger rim and tires.
    Tucson has immobilizer. kia no

Only small downside is lack of abs. kia has this.
    kia has eletric folding sidr mirrors.

my vote goes to tucson.
    I also noticed that this version of the Sportage is stripped-down. No DRL (previous model has it), no side-repeater (previous model also has it), not sure about the other ommissions. The only positive addition is the rear aircon vents.

The Tucson feels bigger (subjective?), new engine (more fuel efficient?), didn't notice the drl/projection lamps in this trim. The downside is that it will be replaced by a newer one in the next few months, which would make this current model outdated. Any news on when they're face-lifting the Sportage?

Both seem lacking in the safety department...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    I also noticed that this version of the Sportage is stripped-down. No DRL (previous model has it), no side-repeater (previous model also has it), not sure about the other ommissions. The only positive addition is the rear aircon vents.

The Tucson feels bigger (subjective?), new engine (more fuel efficient?), didn't notice the drl/projection lamps in this trim. The downside is that it will be replaced by a newer one in the next few months, which would make this current model outdated. Any news on when they're face-lifting the Sportage?

Both seem lacking in the safety department...
    kia interior makes it feel small. tucson interior is better imo.

kia will introduce the tiger nose on the sportage next year. they just released the sorento with the new design philosophy soon its younger sibling will get.

mega savings on the older models. the tucson looks fine as long as there is drl hehehe. dont worry about the a/c, vkool tints fixes that.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Actually, when went to Mitsubishi to check on the ASX (which is small btw), the Montero GLX was offered to us at 1.22M (after discounts). We got overwhelmed by the size and I can't imagine myself bringing that to work everyday with just me and no passenger. While from a practical stand-point it's enticing (diesel-engine, 7-seater), I don't think it fits my current requirement at the moment (unless I'm missing on something very compelling).
    You are now a family man, maybe its about time that you get used to driving bigger cars. Think of the better comfort it brings to your precious passengers. Test drive one and discover that driving it is not that different.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I've never owned a vehicle ran by diesel, so maintenance is something I don't want to worry about.
    While it is true that diesel engines are noisier than gasoline engines, once you are inside the difference is insignificant.
    The advantages of a diesel engine far outweighs this minor disadvantage. This is the reason why diesel powered cars are relatively more expensive. The maintenance cost difference is not that significant.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how much discount now for these models?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    For some reason, i feel the kias drive better. Haven't driven the tucson with the Nu engine though. The theta is pretty decent. Test drive both, they actually feel different even if they are practically twins.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    While it is true that diesel engines are noisier than gasoline engines, once you are inside the difference is insignificant.
    The advantages of a diesel engine far outweighs this minor disadvantage. This is the reason why diesel powered cars are relatively more expensive. The maintenance cost difference is not that significant.
    diesel engines are naturally noisier than gas, by virtue of their design. and only the user can decide for himself if this added noise and vibration is acceptable. some will pick on it simply because they have to come up with something negative.. heh heh.
    diesels cost more, because they are more expensive to manufacture. whether this higher cost is acceptable or not, is something only the buyer can decide on.
    acceptable cost of repair and maintenance? now, that's one hot issue still under heavy debate.

why do i like diesel? ...bahain samen... for whatever real or perceived advantage the diesel has against floods..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 5th, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2015
    Actually, when went to Mitsubishi to check on the ASX (which is small btw), the Montero GLX was offered to us at 1.22M (after discounts). We got overwhelmed by the size and I can't imagine myself bringing that to work everyday with just me and no passenger. While from a practical stand-point it's enticing (diesel-engine, 7-seater), I don't think it fits my current requirement at the moment (unless I'm missing on something very compelling).
    I drive a montero daily by myself. I would say that the fuel economy is nice - and once you get used to the size you wouldn't mind anymore.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kia interior makes it feel small. tucson interior is better imo.

kia will introduce the tiger nose on the sportage next year. they just released the sorento with the new design philosophy soon its younger sibling will get.

mega savings on the older models. the tucson looks fine as long as there is drl hehehe. dont worry about the a/c, vkool tints fixes that.
    That's what I felt when I went inside, the Tucson seems bigger. I didn't notice if it has rear aircon vents though, but I was sure there was in Sportage.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast