New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Hi Guys,

I'm currently considering these 2 CUV's to replace my 5 year old Honda City 1.5 E.

I will be utilizing a company car plan max of 1M. I can only add 150k tops as I intend to pay off our condo parking slot once my old car is sold.

The CUV will be my daily drive (Muntinlupa-Makati) on weekdays, nearby malls on weekends (wife, baby & yaya) and ocassional out of town vacations (4x a year).

I was initially looking at sedans (Altis/Mz3/Sylphy) however, my wife prefers a higher ride plus adequate space. Hence, the aforementioned choices.

I'm trying to capitalize on the big discounts these current models have. Would welcome other sugestions, but subject to budget restrictions.

Appreciate your invaluable inputs! Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    If I had a P 1.150M budget, I would go for the diesel SUV's like the Montero GLX. This 7 seater handles about the same as a 5 seater CUV. It may be more frugal cause its a crdi diesel. And definitely a high rider with bigger space.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    If I had a P 1.150M budget, I would go for the diesel SUV's like the Montero GLX. This 7 seater handles about the same as a 5 seater CUV. It may be more frugal cause its a crdi diesel. And definitely a high rider with bigger space.
    ^i agree..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its like driving a truck everyday. diesel clatter saket sa ulo...especially sa makati traffic.

he has free fuel naman from the company.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A big SUV like that would not handle as well as a CUV, sa corners pa lang much stable ang pakiramdam nung CUV, while the SUV drives like a truck. And besides the big SUVs are heavier, you would have to pull that weight all the time driving in the metro. And the diesel engines they have are so decade ago, noisy and inefficient compared to the modern diesels.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The tucson has the nu 2.0 engine. The kia uses the old theta 2.0
    Tucson has drl lights with adjustable projection lamps.
    Tucson has bigger rim and tires.
    Tucson has immobilizer. kia no

Only small downside is lack of abs. kia has this.
    kia has eletric folding sidr mirrors.

my vote goes to tucson.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The tucson has the nu 2.0 engine. The kia uses the old theta 2.0
    Tucson has drl lights with adjustable projection lamps.
    Tucson has bigger rim and tires.
    Tucson has immobilizer. kia no

Only small downside is lack of abs. kia has this.
    kia has eletric folding sidr mirrors.

my vote goes to tucson.
    Kia: Walang immobilizer pero may electric folding mirrors? Hyundai: May DRL and bigger wheels, pero walang ABS? Where are their priorities?!?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Kia: Walang immobilizer pero may electric foldking mirrors? Hyundai: May DRL and bigger wheels, pero walang ABS? Where are their priorities?!?
    I dont know hehehe. I just looked at the brochures. I guess HARI is just differentiate the brands. I love the nu2.0 engine though hehehe. torque down low is good. and the 6at is smart in the city and highway.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Actually, when went to Mitsubishi to check on the ASX (which is small btw), the Montero GLX was offered to us at 1.22M (after discounts). We got overwhelmed by the size and I can't imagine myself bringing that to work everyday with just me and no passenger. While from a practical stand-point it's enticing (diesel-engine, 7-seater), I don't think it fits my current requirement at the moment (unless I'm missing on something very compelling).

10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its like driving a truck everyday. diesel clatter saket sa ulo...especially sa makati traffic.

he has free fuel naman from the company.
    I've never owned a vehicle ran by diesel, so maintenance is something I don't want to worry about.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast